Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Time for a new helmet
  • rocky-mountain
    Free Member

I need a new helmet, mainly for commuting on and off road and also weekend jaunts.

My current one is a Bell Super, brought after being with a friend who landed on his head at 27 mph plus, so I went for the toughest one I could see. I do look like Mutley though. I have done Giro as well but need a change.

I quite like the look of the new Mavics. Any opinions

bruneep

Get one that fits you.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Blugrass ‘goldeneyes’ is well regarded in cycling press.

Picked mine up yesterday. Its VERY orange and airier than my met parabellum (slightly less all round coverage)

I believe they’re made by the same company and come with the wee accessory that lets you mount a go pro or light to your helmet.

You can buy the plastic mount for your solarstorm or magicshine, etc that pairs it up to the go pro mount.

Handy tip. I wear a craghoppers nosilife buff over my head as it keeps the inside of the helmet cleaner and keeps wasps out.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Get a red one.

Unless you like blue. In which case get a blue one.

Then again, green is quite nice….

Also, where did you bring your latest one from?

keefmac

bluegrass goldeneyes on sale at crc at the mo, a smidge under 50 quid. had mine 18 months and its really comfy, if a bit warm at times.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

And if you’ve got any Tesco club card vouchers you can double their value at Evans and get them to price match it with crc.

rOcKeTdOg

Some of the new Bontrager helmets are good & come with m.I.p.s. for £80ish

jimster01

I just got a Lazer Rox, very nice it is too. Also on sale 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Time for a new helmet’ is closed to new replies.