Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Time For A New Bike – Uncharacteristic Dilemma
  • barca
    Free Member

I normally think to myself when I see a “What Bike” thread, ‘How can an almost complete bunch of strangers on an Internet message board make your own mind up for you’ but here I am, doing it myself (although with a little difference).

I have £1000 to spend (yes, Cycle Scheme funded) on a hardtail and I’ve narrowed my search down to a Cube Ltd, or a Kona Kula. My riding is almost exclusively from the front door and out into the Dark Peak, a bit of road but I have road and ‘cross bikes for that.

Now the dilema: Is ordering through the Cycle Scheme and buying the Cube going to be (in the experience of those who’ve done such a thing) a right pain in the arse or plain sailing OR should I support my local shop and get the Kona Kula?

Moral dilema and which bike is best all in one post. Double whammy 🙂

I_Ache
    Free Member

Get the Kona because its Kula!

Right is that my coat hanging up over there?

barca
    Free Member

Very drole, very good 🙂

james-o
    Free Member

buy the kona. simply because it’ll handle better in the Peak than a steeper angled euro bike.

barca
    Free Member

I hadn’t thought of that. I was just looking at the paint jobs.

Biffer
    Free Member

Kula all the way for me as well 🙂

sofatester
    Free Member

KKKKKula!

barca
    Free Member

Is the Cube LTD Race a bit rubbish then?

TomB

A recent WMB liked a Gary Fisher Hookooeekoo (or something like that) in its sub £1000 hardtail test. Maybe worth a read?

mikee
    Free Member

nowt wrong with cubes

but

have a look at GT’s offerings ,zaskar ,or an avalanche with cash to spare

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Time For A New Bike – Uncharacteristic Dilemma’ is closed to new replies.