• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Time for a change
  • wheeliegood
    Free Member

A while back a warranty replacement on my anthem x4 resulted in me receiving a carbon anthem from giant. Great bike, really enjoyed it.
    I’ve hardly rode this year, due to other hobbies etc. I plan to rectify this over the winter. I have been thinking about changing my bike for something completely different. Like the idea of something more robust with more travel. The buzz of a new/ different bike would get me right back into riding.
    My routes are generally cross country with a few fast downhill bits and I’m not the lightest (18stone). The anthem should be ideal, but i am right on the weight limit for my bike.
    The idea of a orange 5 or a trance or something similar is interesting me. I’ve never ridden them and don’t have the opportunity to try them out, but this would be my only opportunity to own a longer travel bike.

I would be looking at a swap or sell mine and buy second hand.
    I was hoping to tap into the collective wisdom. Anyone done similar?
    Would I miss the speed and weight of the anthem?
    No real reason for the change other than change itself. Hoping the longer travel would give me more versibility in the type of routes I have been doing.
    What other bike do you think I should consider? Or just wise up and stick with the anthem.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Time for a change’ is closed to new replies.