Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Time for a bag?
  • paul4stones

I’m going to a conference in Bristol next month and planning on taking my bike to get to and from the venue. I do commute normally but just use a scruffy Alpkit Gourdon to carry minimal stuff and I’m thinking that’s a bit too *scruffy* for a conference. So, what do you recommend for carrying some papers and pens, wallet, etc and maybe some light waterproof trousers if the weather’s poor but that still looks reasonably respectable. I’ve seen some carradice bags used like this with people attaching straps and stuff but wondered what anyone thought.

Thanks.

footflaps

I use my Howies Chevron Courier bag. I normally stash it under a table rather than carry it around all day at the venue, or drop it off at the Cloakroom, if it’s in a hotel.

Joe

normal courier bag…timbuk2 is de rigour for IT and Media gods. (Along with brogues…if you are following the other thread)

paul4stones

Actually quite liked the look of the desert boots.
    Thanks!

TiRed

Ortlieb Downtown, lives on the bike and suitable for off bike work duties. Mine’s white, but a black one may be more suitable for the boardroom. The QL3 mechanism leaves the hooks on the bike and a nice flat back for porterage duties.

HermanShake
    Free Member

Osprey bags are very good, guaranteed for life in fact!

They do some city targeted rucksacks which house a laptop comfortably, they also fit well for riding to/from whatever you’re doing. Check out the Momentum, it’s got a briefcase type handle for pretending to be grown up but still says ‘mountain fresh’ to those in the know 😉

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Osprey Momentum user here as well. Best thing that happened to me for my commute.

Think they’re on 20% off at Evans at the moment.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Time for a bag?’ is closed to new replies.