Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Time cut off for diy
  • bigyim
    Free Member

Wife has just been round to complain to the neighbours who are digging up their drive at 10.50, don’t think we are being unreasonable as it’s been past ten pm for about five nights now and we’ve bitten our tounge. Should I expect wee in my shoes when I wake up

midlifecrashes

Yup, that’s not on. I’d have thought about 8 to account for younger kids in bed on a school night, maybe 9 at a push. 10 is really getting silly and emergencies/jobs gone badly wrong earlier in the day situations.

aracer
    Free Member

I’d normally aim to stop by 10pm if I was making enough noise for neighbours to hear, a bit earlier if I was making significant amounts of noise. Enough to wake little kids, then 8pm as mentioned above. I only go as late as 10pm because I have understanding neighbours (who sometimes do work that late themselves), and I don’t make that much noise.

YANBU.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    petrieboy

I’d accept that for one night maybe two at a push in emergency burst pipe type situations. Assuming this is not a digging up a sewer type situation rather a cosmetic resurfacing job? Totally unreasonable. Grab your bombers!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

What’s making the noise – a compressor/breaker ? Or pickaxes/shovels ?

bigyim
    Free Member

Pickaxe shovels and hammer and chisels. They are resurfacing the drive so isn’t an emergency. Looks like bomber time!

oldgit
    Free Member

I always think 7pm latest.
    What time are they starting in the morning?

Edit; 5 nights? surely it only takes a builder a day to dig up.

bigyim
    Free Member

Not sure what time they are starting as I leave for work early. I don’t know why they haven’t hired a mini digger, but they have decided to dig it all by hand. They are an odd bunch at the best of times and are always messing with something

trail_rat
    Free Member

7pm ? – and you get any diy done ?

my grass would be about 8ft tall if i didnt use the lawnmower after 7.

difference is im not doing that night after night.

i certainly wouldnt be banging and hammering after 8.30 – but i also know none of my neighbours have small kids – they return the favour of working till 8.30 ish when they are diying also.

Banging and hammering after 9 is ok in emergency – after 10 , the house better be falling down and they are trying to save it

samuri
    Free Member

How much noise do you make when having sex?

Could this be a punishment DIY?

bigyim
    Free Member

I’m a married man and have been with the wife for 13 years. Sex for me is like Christmas

growinglad
    Free Member

I’m a married man and have been with the wife for 13 years. Sex for me is like Christmas

Similar thing for me too…..

….although I do quite enjoy Christmas.

Anyways, yep, the only acceptable noise at 10 is a party you’ve been invited to.

camo16
    Free Member

Guilty of this a couple of weeks ago. 😯

Got totally into repairing our Victorian flooring and was sawing away busily when the neighbours complained… turns out it was 10.50, her daughter had a migraine and we’d been hard at it for hours. I can go for hours, me.

We totally accepted the dressing down and bought flowers/choccies the next day to say sorry.

Mind you, the end result is spangly. 😉

footflaps

I have to confess to doing a lot of late night DIY, when labouring on the workshop I would get 5-6 hours in every evening after work – mainly quiet stuff like shovelling a few tonnes of sand / moving 8 tonnes of blocks etc….

rugbydick

Happens once a year and involves a fat man in a red suit?? 😆

bigyim
    Free Member

No empty sack jokes?

garage-dweller

Was still exterior painting at gone 9 last week. For power tools I reckon 8pm near the house.

If its in the garage with door shut (40feet from nearest building) anything goes in winter when windows are shut or 9in summmer. Bike fettling until small hours!

scaled
    Free Member

I packed in the digging for the patio at 9 tonight, mainly cos my shoulder was killing!

I was banging on the neighbours door at quarter last 12 last night though as their dog was shut in the back garden barking. Bastards.

sbob
    Free Member

samuri – Member

How much noise do you make when having sex?

Depends if it’s consensual or not.

samuri
    Free Member

I usually consent in the end.

br
    Free Member

When we had small kids I had a neighbour do something like that. Just returned the compliment by starting in the morning when my kids woke up 😉

No problem after then.

AlexSimon

scaled – Member

I packed in the digging for the patio at 9 tonight, mainly cos my shoulder was killing!

I was banging on the neighbours door at quarter last 12 last night though as their dog was shut in the back garden barking. Bastards.
    Bastards they may be, but isn’t putting them under the patio going a little too far?

mark90
    Free Member

Our neighbour is often banging at 2am. But from what she yells I don’t think she’s DIYing 😯

samuri
    Free Member

I dunno, there’s some fairly effective tools out there for lady DIYers.

mark90
    Free Member

It certainly sounds like she’s giving instructions to someone else….

“**** me baby!”

Being married with child I don’t get to ‘retaliate’ 😕

At least not till I get the angle grinder out on a sunday morning 😈

wwaswas

My neighbours were outside my house making a dreadful noise at 2am this morning.

Fortunately I was still up doing drumming practice so it didn’t wake me.

igmc.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Time cut off for diy’ is closed to new replies.