Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • time atac pedal strip down
  • voodoo_chile

Anyone done it and where did u get the bearings from
    Thanks in advance

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

Yes I’ve done it, ie separated the axle from the body to try to get to the bearings. I couldn’t get the bearing races off the axles though (perhaps they’re not meant to come off?) but I packed the cavity with grease and reassembled and the bearings have been fine ever since.

You might be able to do less of a bodge job than me though 🙂

voodoo_chile

Hebden the bearings are well gone mate

thecaptain
    Free Member

I bet you’d have had more answers if you had asked about egg-beater strip-downs:-) I’ve never had a reason to touch my ATACs.

Frankers
    Free Member

Yes I’ve done this and have the bearing numbers

khani
    Free Member

Simply bearings is where I got mine
    Bearings = The details are 6x15x5mm ZZ stainless steel double metal shielded.
    Bushing = Linky
    If you change the bearings and they still wobble you need new bushings as well…
    You can get cheaper than the stainless zz shielded ones but they’re what Time fit OE and are why they last ages..

glasgowdave

Last time this came up, I copied all the relevant bits of the post and saved them. Here goes:
    ——————————————————–
    Time pedal bearing replacement

(whilst still on the bike) Take the end cap off, undo the nut on the end of the axle, pull the body of the axle (why you left it on the bike, as it’s a lot easier). Knock out the bearings and bushing pop in the replaceement units and bolt it all back together.

You will find that the Atac bearing in your pedals are made from Stainless steel, whereas standard bearings are carbon steel. Stainless bearing will last a long time (like the originals)

I bought some stainless steel bearings from Simply bearings for around £10each

The details are 6x15x5mm ZZ stainless steel double metal shielded.

Also be careful when installing new bearing and tightening nyloc nut, i have broken an axle by overtightening

The details are 6x15x5mm ZZ stainless steel double metal shielded.can also be used on the Atac XS and XE models?

And also where to find replacement bushings for XS and XE models please?
    I too have 2-3 pairs that are wobbling a fair bit and so far my Google Fu has failed to find a solution.

Fill yer boots:
    http://www.igus.co.uk/iPro/iPro_02_0004_0000_GBen.htm?c=GB&l=en
    *Caveat*
    I didn’t order from here and you’ll have to check the dims with a calliper as I chucked mine away. However, this line seemed to fit the performance spec and they def have the size required. IIRC they also have shock eyelet bush sizing in Imperial.

For Atak Carbon XS and Z Control models the bearings are as listed above , 6x15x5mm ZZ stainless steel double metal shielded.

For Atak Carbon XS the bushings are Iglidur product number JSM1014-16, ie a 10mm shaft, through a 16 mm long (14 mm overall diam) bushing. Cost = 3.57 each. Plus £6:00 p+p.
    http://www.igus.co.uk/iPro/iPro_02_0017_0000_GBen.htm?ArtNr=jsm-1014-16&c=GB&l=en

For Z Control the bushings are Iglidur product number JSM1012-15, ie a 10mm shaft, through a 15 mm long (12 mm overall diam) bushing. Cost = 3.42 each. Again, plus £6:00 p+p.
    http://www.igus.co.uk/iPro/iPro_02_0017_0000_GBen.htm?ArtNr=jsm-1014-16&c=GB&l=en

Frankers
    Free Member

Take note to above as axels are easy to break, I’ve done this too

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Good info, cheers.

voodoo_chile

Cheers all job covered thanks

Andy

Yeah very easy to do as well!

Goldigger
    Free Member

I just pulled my atac carbon xs apart last night.
    Turns out the clicking noise as I peddled is due to play in my left pedal. So do I just replace the bearing (696z)
    Or do I need to replace the bush aswel?

Guide for doing it here..
    http://www.cyclistno1.co.uk/features/maintenance/time-atac-pedal-overhaul.htm

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘time atac pedal strip down’ is closed to new replies.