• This topic has 22 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by gazc.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Timbuk2 bags
  • tails
    Free Member

Who distributes them in the UK, I really like the brand but there appears to be very few stockists.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    Luminous
    Free Member

Got mine from Evans. A large courier bag. Going well so far.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Order direct from them?

You can design yer own custom colours then…

tails
    Free Member

Yeah I’ve seen cycle surgery and evans but the choice is black, grey or blue! Would it not be expensive from USA?

Luminous
    Free Member

Yeah I’ve seen cycle surgery and evans but the choice is black, grey or blue! Would it not be expensive from USA?

Contact them. See what you both can work out. What have you to lose ?.
    🙂

brakes
    Free Member

I find Cyclesurgery only seem to stock the medium and small ones. Not sure about online.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Brakes

Unless you want a large black youll have to go direct .

Id love almost any colour bar black – rasta would be ideal in large.

But why would i want black ….. I want to be seen on my bike !

Cotswolds do large blacks

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Brakes, I bought mine (Large) in store from the Surgery. Admittedly it is plain black, though.

As to why black (above) – Because I don’t just use mine on the bike. It’s carry on luggage for long haul flights, use it to take laptop etc to meetings in a suit. Black – It goes with everything, dahling. 😉 As ot being seen on the bike – An array of v bright lights and additional reflective gubbins works!

brakes
    Free Member

all my bike gear is black, and my bike.
    so I obviously want a black one. 😀
    I also want to add some bits to it (loops and an elastic net) which are black.
    which Cyclesurgery Flash?

ojom
    Free Member

Got em here.

Best selling luggage brand we do now.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bought mine from the lovely people at CS in Victoria.

Jimmy will do anything for cake, I gather. Especially yellow cake. He’s crazy for a slice of anything yellow…

😉

brakes
    Free Member

hmmm, I passing by there on Sunday – maybe I’ll pop in with some sponge.

djflexure

Mission workshop are worth a look – I’ve got the Monty for commuting and its nice.
    Mission
    Urban cyclery

bentudder

I’ve one for sale at the moment, actually – a custom order from ages back that I don’t use any more. Blue, yellow and green, size M or L, from memory. PM me if interested.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member
    Teetosugars
    Free Member

Id love almost any colour bar black – rasta would be ideal in large.

They sell them in the shop at Ambleside..

Can’t remember its name, but its on the Left Hand side heading up the one way system, next to the Ambleside Tavern..

trail_rat
    Free Member

Aye but cfh … I aint fashionable at all …. Nearly ended up going to dinner in a fancy restaurant the other night because i couldnt find a pair of dress trousers i owned that would fit over my thighs 🙂 and they had a strict no jeans policy….

So rasta for me 🙂

warpcow
    Free Member

I’m pleased so far with my 2 month old Bagaboo. Pick your own colours, design, extras for less than a most of the ‘hip’ American brands.

bigdawg
    Free Member

but will other brands still be going strong in nearly 20 years time – I bought my timbuk2 in 94/95 (from brixton cycles) would love to get another one (in green yellow black), but despite daily commuting all year round, since I bought it) general abuse at races and being used as a climbing and swimming bag its still going very strong, nothings failed, velcro is still velcroing bag is still totally waterproof….

Ive absolutely no reason or excuse to buy another one

trail_rat
    Free Member

Interesting bigdawg because the times reviewer said his timbuk2 had never been waterproof nor so long ago…. But it was pretty good just not waterproof:(

simon_g

Think it was Zyro before, hence only bringing over the “cycle” courier bags and stocking in bike shops only. My other Timbuk2 stuff, including a couple of laptop bags, has come from the US, either while there or mail order.

Now handled by Bradshaw Taylor who Timbuk2 seem happier with and they should get more distribution – Icebreaker are everywhere. They had a big stand at the Blenheim cycle festival too which was encouraging.

gazc
    Free Member

got mine cheap s/h. god know how old they are but they’re solid and keep the water out still! my large one is a bit battered but great for laptop/gear and a medium holds my slr kit

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Timbuk2 bags’ is closed to new replies.