Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Timbuk2 Bags
  • tails
    Free Member

Would the large size be the best bet for carrying

innertube, pump, mini tool, levers, wallet, mobile, d lock, trainers, tshirt, socks, shorts, glasses sometimes lunch?

thanks

fingerbike
    Free Member

I get all that quite comfortably in a medium, can be a bit snug with shoes and a lunchbox but it'll go…

tails
    Free Member

Who brings them into the uk or do they only have retailers?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bigdawg
    Free Member

youd get that lot into a small one…

A large will carry mini tool kit, my (not insignificant) lunch, pump, tubes, suntan lotion, work clothes, change of riding clothes, w/proof jacket, shoes, phone, DVDs Ive sold on ebay, towel, shower gel, 1 litre bottle of water and Ive still got room if I needed it…

And its been doing stuff liek this nearly every day for the last 15 years…!

rOcKeTdOg

CHarlie the bike Monger does their stuff I think, still use my courier bag every day, 7years old now and still going strong

tails
    Free Member

Really as I'm looking at the size in litres and the medium is 24 litres which is the same size as a Eastpak Padded Pak'r, which can take the above but rather begrudgingly. That's why I looked the large, maybe I'll take all the above along to a shop to try.

tails
    Free Member

yeah I saw them on charlies website, I'm looking at the lightweight fabric range which he did not have.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

i've got a large and it can be too heavy when fully loaded, especially as it pulls down on one side of you neck. it really is quite big. I often use mine for weekends away (off the bike).

austen

I've a selection of them picked up over the years. I find on my daily commute with clothes, file, tools etc (generally not shoes) that the medium is spot on. If you carry the shoes every day I'd go for a large, but when it's relatively empty I found mine keeps sliding around my back instead of staying put – hence I picked up a medium in the US last year.

Great bags, had my oldest 10 years+ and still barely worn in.

tails
    Free Member

Do they just sit like a paperboy bag would sit or is there more too it like clips etc.

ctznsmith
    Free Member

@tails not entirely sure what you mean but it depends on how long you have the strap. I have mine quite short so it's higher up my back which I find more comfortable with all the crap I stuff in it. There is also a cross strap to keep it in place.

tails
    Free Member

Where does the cross strap sit, across your bell/chest area?

bigdawg
    Free Member

goes across the chest and under your arm – stops mine moving about when Im riding, always has done…

alexxx
    Free Member

why dont people use rucksacks?
    (not trolling)

ctznsmith
    Free Member

For the record I like my Timbuk2 (large) and I'm amazed with what I can fit in it and how hard wearing it is, but if I was buying again I'd consider trying some other messenger bags out there where the strap/chest strap system seems like it might be more comfortable/less susceptible to movement if you don't have it all super tight and which have a back pad in them…probably cost more though.

ctznsmith
    Free Member

@alexxx I find loads in rucksacks tend to shift to the bottom and pull downwards off my back (or give the feeling of this) even with a chest/waist strap. With a messenger bag the loads are held higher up my back and against me better with a smaller contact patch from bag/straps.

tails
    Free Member

why dont people use rucksacks?

When I first started commuting any distance over a couple of miles I found the rucksack makes my back sweat alot and panniers just made the bike feel like a barge and I could not ride no handed on the open sections as it pulled to one side.

toppers3933
    Free Member

i carry prteey much that exact list of stuff most days. i have 2 mediums, one of which is 14 years old and still looks as good as the other, which is 18months old. theyre ace.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Timbuk2 Bags’ is closed to new replies.