Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Timberland boots, any good these days?
  • bravohotel8er
    Free Member

I’m in the market for some sturdy all weather boots that will handle coastal walks/dog walking/camping/festivals and poncing around ski resorts, but won’t look too silly if I just happen to be walking around Tesco. I was considering getting a pair of regular Timberland boots (leather ones rather than nubuck for ease of maintenance).

Has anyone bought a pair in recent years, if so what’s the quality like these days and in particular are they really 100% waterproof as this is the major criteria for me. I know that Doc Martens have taken a dive in standards in recent years and wondered whether Timberland have been similarly affected.

Alternative suggestions welcomed.

wrecker
    Free Member

Great quality, not 100% waterproof.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Why not go for a pair of Brashers or something similar from ShagOffOutdoors? I can’t think of anything that does all your requirements. 🙂

organic355
    Free Member

Great if you want to look like a Chav/Ned

wrecker
    Free Member

Chav? I rather like my earthkeepers. 🙁

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

To be fair, some of their boots are quite nice these days. Quite tempted by some of their earthkeepers myself for the winter.

Pigface
    Free Member

Got some Timberland Pros in the States a year ago and they are ace, only cost $70 which makes me a smug git 😉

marcus7
    Free Member

Bought some gortex shoes from cheshire oaks for £50 proper good quality and very comfy and dry!. would normally be £120 not probably worth that much tho….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Timberland boots, any good these days?’ is closed to new replies.