Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Tiling cost – what should I be aiming for?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Refitting our en-suite and have about 16sqm of wall tiling that needs doing.
    I’ve had one price so far which was for £800 labour and adhesive, which sounds a bit pricey for me but I might be out of touch.
    What sort of price should I be looking at per sqm?
    Tiles are fairly large if that makes a difference.

dmck16
    Free Member

Have you had a good search for previous threads? I’m positive this was asked not too long ago.

tjagain

I paid around £2000 for around 20 sq m of tiling. a tricky job as its an attic with sloping ceilings and some of the tiles went on the sloping ceilings. the job is absolutely beautiful. the tolerance is less than a mm. there are no silly little slivers of tile and all lines run straight. they guy was an artist and I was happy to pay. Cheapest quote was £500. I am certain he would have been rubbish.

jimob
    Free Member

The going rate here in teesside is £30/m2. That’s labour only and only for straightforward wall’s / floors. The larger the tiles, the better the wall’s have to be, so if the wall’s aren’t level and plumb, you’ll need extra adhesive which can sometimes end up more expensive than the labour rate.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Thanks all…. I was working on £30/sqm so I’ll bear that figure in mind.

rockchic
    Free Member

I have a house in Spain and looking at getting the floor retiled.Down at the builders merchant looking at tiles I asked the owner about the tiling cost. 6 to 8 euros per sq metre labour only.I’m astonished at the difference compared to the UK.

tjagain

Inmy case it was large tiles and a very complex layout. hence th high cost. that and they guy was meticulous

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

IAA tiler and £30-£40m2 +vat is my rate depending on tile and substrate.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

rone

We paid about £900 for a very similar job, if slightly more involved including removal of old tiles and putting boards down on floor first.

So doesn’t sound that far off.

5 days work.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I think yours was a gift rone. Normally £10/m2 for tile removal and disposal. Overboarding with cement board is circa £20/m2 supplied and fitted.

ahsat

We just paid £1700 for ripping out, 5/m2 tiling (we provided the small format tiles and grout), new shower, tray, cubical, all fitted and waste removed. Floor tiles cut to fit. 4 days work. Think there was about £700 of parts in there.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Tiling cost – what should I be aiming for?’ is closed to new replies.