Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Tilgate
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Anyone been there recently? I was just wondering what state it was in.

wwaswas

have a look on the forum here; http://sussexmuddyarse.wordpress.com/

there seems to be a regular ride there now.

mikey74
    Free Member

Thanks for the info, although I was thinking more about the dh stuff that was being built there.

Bazz

Some good runs, i beleive there is a Wednesday night meet for DH at the moment again check the muddyarse site the DH boys post there as well, and the single track is coming along nicely as well, happy to show you around sometime (well the bits i know!!)

wwaswas

the FC were looking to start charging for access for the 'dh' bitshttp://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/tilgate-forest-mtb-paying-to-ride-there

but not seen much since.

mikey74
    Free Member

Thanks for the offer Baz, but I know the place quite well, having ridden there a fair bit in the past. The last time I went there it had been decimated by tree felling, which is why I was asking what state it was all in.

Bazz

Tree felling has for now finished and the last of the fire roads have been re-instated in just the last week, the FC have now insisted that the DH riders form a club (for insurance purposes) and now the only area that DH tracks can be situated is ,as you stand by the main gate on Parish lane looking down the fire road, is off to the left, at the moment anyone can ride them but i believe the plan is to limit use to club members and people buying day passes, can't see how it's going to be policed though.

Pauly

Anyone fancy showing a new to the area rider about?

woodsman
    Free Member

mikey74 – as mentioned already it is riding nicely at the moment, probably in it's ideal state imo, with no charging yet, and conditions being good. The DH side of things is still in the setting up process; at the meeting we managed to conclude with the FC and CTC (the latter being the biggest risk to all charging) that only the DH area would be subject to charges – initially anyway. Go have a look, although you may not recognize all the trails you once knew before the felling!

Bazz

Pauly, where are you based?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Tilgate’ is closed to new replies.