Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Tilers and Floor Layers
  • wheelie

Hi, I am going to put a wood floor, solid or engineered in my hall ( about 6 m2). It was carpeted and on removing the vynal tiles underneath, I found that the concrete had been sealed with bitumen. This is between 1/2 and 1mm. and very firm.

Has anyone used Ardex P 82 primer or anything similar in such circumstances?

The floor would be fixed with a waterproof adhesive

I had planned to buy the flooring from Easystep Flooring….has anyone any other suggestions?

Any information gratefully received

wheelie

Bump

richc
    Free Member

I would wait for deadlydarcy to turn up, as he definately knows what he is talking about

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Thanks Rich. 😀

wheelie, I have pretty crap signal today, but I’ll answer later this evening when I’m at home. If the thread has disappeared, give it a bump…I have a solution for you that should work.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

If I was going to tile it, I’d seal the bitumen with a thin coat of a latex based self levelling compound 1st to make sure the tile adhesive got a grip. Not sure on the correct prep for wood however.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

I’m also interested in this so giving it a **bump** for Deadly’s benefit.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I would wait for deadlydarcy to turn up, as he definately knows what he is talking about

😆

wheelie

Thanks guys…i’ll wait for deadlydarcy.

brassneck

Me too, I have something similar planned after I’ve lifted the parquet (that’s not a euphemism).. was going to go with a floating floor on overlay to smooth things out so interested in all the options.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Tilers and Floor Layers’ is closed to new replies.