• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tile App. Pet Trackers?
  • bluearsedfly
    Free Member

We’re moving house in a couple of weeks, we have a ‘house’ cat that only ever ventures out into the back garden and sometimes over the fence.

As per the advice on the interwebs we’re going to keep her in for the first couple of weeks but with three kids, family and various other visitors it’s going to be hard work.

Looking round the Tile trackers look handy, last a year, light and cheap. The only drawback I can think of is that they use bluetooth so I’d have to be in range to find her. Anyone use one?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Don’t think it would really work as a pet tracker. Works when it comes to finding things that are where you’ve left them as it stores the location the thing was last “seen” by a phone running the app. Then when you’re in BLE range (which isn’t great) you can then ping it. Can’t see it working very well for cats.

DezB
    Free Member

last a year

So they tell you. Mine’s lasted longer than that 🙂
    Ok, so yes, they use BlueTooth so have a limited range. Used when I lost my keys as the app showed me where it was last in touch with them on the map. Quite precisely really.
    Did originally buy to put on the dog, but she doesn’t run off anymore!

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

So it wouldn’t work on the cat then? I was hoping to put it on her collar then use the app to home in on her. Do you have to ping it or does it permanently transmit?

DezB
    Free Member

Yes, it would work on the cat. Just not sure how useful it would be. If cat is out of range, would knowing the last place it was in range be of any use?

Tell you what -I do need to replace mine, want to buy one of the new ones off me for £8 posted?

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

That would be great thanks! Will mail you in the morning if that’s ok?

If she wasn’t in range, is it just a case of walking around until she is?

DezB
    Free Member

Yes, you could do the walking around thing. I drove down the road when I lost my keys!
    I’ve not long ordered my new tiles, so probably take a week or so for them to arrive, so no rush.
    And the good thing is, if your car ever wanders down my way I’ll be able to reunite you 😆

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tile App. Pet Trackers?’ is closed to new replies.