Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • TIGNES Islabike mech hanger/ hire bike Help
  • thegeneralist
    Free Member

😥
    Son2 went OTB on his first run on Monday and bent his Creig 24 mech hanger. I got straight on the phone to Islabikes and placed an urgent order for two replacements on urgent delivery.
    Hired a bike in the meantime which was some heavy horrible downhill monster which he hated.

Was chuffed as anything when DHL delivered the paquet 3 minutes ago…..

It would appear IB has sent the wrong hangers. 😈

Is anyone in Tignes at present with a Creig with a spare hanger and looking at this forum?

Or perhaps some recommendations of where to hire a not completely downhill orientated bike?

BillOddie

Have you tried Black Cats up at Le Lac or Startline MTB?

My paranoia meant that I took a spare mech hanger for my boy’s islabikes on our holiday to Tignes last year. Luckily we didn’t need them.

snotrag

It doubt it will be ‘specific’ to Islabikes – it will likely be one of a handful of common types. Definitely try the local bike shops (Shop I used to work in we had a drawer full and they were known as type ‘A’, ‘B’ etc. )

dantsw13

Or even one of those emergency hangers that goes through the QR. We found Gravity the best bike shop in Le Lac for spares with our multitude of breakages.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Right. I’ll ch3ck them out.

It may all be moot since I’ve just ripped my toenail out pissing about on a paddleboard so don’t know if I’ll be biking any more.

Having a very frustrating time. Yesterday I blew a tyre half way down Popeye and had a huge walk back to the fifty pound tyre shop.

My bike is a XC bike and is getting a kicking. Tried to buy a 2017 spesh enduro from tredz to use these 2 weeks but they won’t send to france. Can’t find any french bike shops online on my phone which sell specialized.

Will see how bad the toe hurts tom9rrow

mick_r

Some of the old cheap nasty supermarket bike Shimano (Tourney?) mechs have a hanger that unbolts and clamps on the axle. They look like this:-

http://www.cheapbikeparts360.com/products/shimano-sis-rear-derailleur-adapter/

Might be one lurking in a bike shop scrap bin / old scrap bike etc. It could be bodged onto the QR to get you through the holiday.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘TIGNES Islabike mech hanger/ hire bike Help’ is closed to new replies.