Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Tignes 24-31st August then Bike Verbier 13th 20th September Anyone out there
  • makkag
    Free Member

Slow Slow day here in the office – Im out to Tignes next week with the family , None of which im likely to be able to do much riding with .. anyone else there ?

Also anyone on here booked for bike verbier the week im out there do say hello

Northwind

I’ll be just down the valley in Seez- if you see a White Rooms group that’ll probably be us but I don’t know if we’ll be up to Tignes. If you see a dude on an orange cotic, say hi!

wl
    Free Member

Not out there myself but you’re in for a serious treat staying with Bike Verbier. Lucky devil. Enjoy yourself.

makkag
    Free Member

Will Do N/W Wave back if its a lad on a black turner !

looking forward to it Wl – just gotta take it easyish in Tignes – there’s 4 lads out with me to Verbier and by all accounts the trails are epic so cant wait –

wl
    Free Member

The trails are indeed epic, and Bike Verbier are pretty much the only ones who know/use many of them. Great people, grub and chalet too. You couldn’t have chosen a better outfit to holiday with.

makkag
    Free Member

Heard nothing but positive reviews from all and sundry just hope my legs and arms keep up with what my mind thinks it can do !

Northwind

Tignes is a good place for laid back rides, it gets a slagging sometimes but we spent a day off up there and had a grand time- the greens and blues are good fun, feel a lot more uk trail centre than a lot of the uplift resorts, the quality of the trails is pretty variable but I don’t care as much when I didn’t have to ride to the top 😉 More varied riding on the #ENDURO trails. (We didn’t do much of the reds, and none of the blacks, because we were chilling) And there was tons going on down around the lake etc. Weird place but I liked it.

makkag
    Free Member

ace – kinda what i think im looking for and have been directed to some long decents to build up the arms before verbier –

How friendly are the Greens ?? have a semi capable 13 yo but he wouldn’t have ridden anything so long and a 2 month Pregnant bike riding mrs

Northwind

TBH I can’t really remember which were green and blue… None of them felt like a UK green, that’s for sure- rougher/looser surfaces, bit more gradient- and the greens and blues didn’t feel so different. Wouldn’t want to give a wrong impression, so, if I was you I’d just nip out and scout them quickly, the lifts are free and it won’t take long to knock out a run or two.

hazza123
    Free Member

I’m in tignes currently working, I might be going back to morzine on the 24th but if i don’t i’ll be here until the end of the season

Tracey

Just got back from two weeks with Bike Verbier and a week with the White Room. Didn’t get to ride in Tignes but Abigale did spend some time on the Lake slide jump there.

Had a fantastic three weeks, your arms will be fine. Im sat at work now thinking it must be tea and cake time whilst sorting out the cost of all the repairs.

makkag
    Free Member

Thanks N/W the vids on startline MTB i found lead me to believe that the mrs will be out of her depth the kid could give it a go though – as stated i need a recce first. if not plenty for them to do and the weathers looking up.

Hazza who you working for A/E ? if so im staying in the agile. Up for a ride if your out there.

Sounds like a great trip tracy and i think i will be having a go on the lake slide and the bag as well

hazza123
    Free Member

hahaha, what do you know, i’m working as the bike mech in the Aigle haha. When you arrive tell me who you are so i don’t have to ask everyone if they’re the fella from STW 😛

makkag
    Free Member

Perfect – Black turner bald head 2 kids and a stroppy pregnant partner in on Sunday.

Buy you a beer or two !! were you in Morzine or Les Gets last three seasons as been with A/E last few at ridge / and Christina if so we have probably met !

first time with family hence Tignes

ivorhogseye
    Free Member

See you in Verbier. It’s my 4th visit. Absolutely love the place.

stevomcd
    Free Member

I have (slightly) upgraded my opinion of the riding at Tignes/Val. They’ve done a fair bit of work for this summer and some of it is pretty good.

The new green from the top of the Val gondola (or link on to it from top of Aeroski) back to la Daille is pretty good. Rad berms and some really well made stuff in the woods once it joins the blue near the bottom. Palafour side of Tignes has been tidied-up a bit too.

hazza123
    Free Member

It’s my first season, was in morzine for 2 weeks and then got shipped here, i’ll confirm if i’ll be here as will find out/ going to ring the head mech tomorrow to see if i can go back to morzine. Feel free to send an email, it’s in my profile,
    Harry

makkag
    Free Member

Thanks Harry will drop you an email.

See you in Verbier Ivor !

gibbonarms
    Free Member

I’m at BV for that week as well, can’t wait, see you there!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Tignes 24-31st August then Bike Verbier 13th 20th September Anyone out there’ is closed to new replies.