Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Tignes
  • honourablegeorge

I was told the chairlifts are free – nonsense?

Are there decent bike-park-y trails round there?

makkag
    Free Member

Im going this year for the first time as taking family with and looked a good mix of for them and me + im off to bike verbier in sept .

The Lifts are indeed free and i have seen some good vids of trails on tinterweb . looks a bit more natural rather than motorway’s in Morzine etc

Im out there from 24th August if your there and fancy a ride

I asked a few questions on here before but not much info

Been talking to these guys and pointing me in right direction

Home

links to vids http://startlinemtb.com/bike-parks/tignes-bike-park/

jambalaya
    Free Member

Yes they are free but I think that’s because otherwise people wouldn’t go there. I went there in the summer 20 years ago (for skiing and tennis) and it’s pretty ugly in the summer. IMO there are better places to stay for biking in the area

mintimperial

Some good info on this thread: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/tignes-val-disere

I went a couple of years ago and am off out again later on this summer, we have family in the area. I’ve not ridden anywhere else in the Alps, so I have nothing to compare it with, but the two days riding I did last time were perfectly good fun even on a knackered old pig-iron hire bike. Could get a bit samey after more than a few days though, I’ll grant you that.

wallop

The lifts are free and there is a mixture of man-made fast bermy blues through to steeper black park runs. There are also some ‘enduro’ and cross country trails with some climbing involved.

It’s OK for a day out but I wouldn’t travel far specifically for it. There is much better riding to be had nearby, depending on your tastes. That said, many say the resort is a good summer destination for families as there is plenty for non-riders to do around the lake.

makkag
    Free Member

Good to intro Half capable 10 and 13 year olds to trails ??

makkag
    Free Member

should read Alps Trails ?

wallop

It will be fun for teenagers but tbh I don’t really see Tignes as ‘typical’ of Alpine trails. Tignes is mainly above the tree line, so the riding is open and man-made. There is a huge variety of riding in the Alps – a lot of it is steep, rooty techy walking paths right through to the big ‘park’ trails of Morzine etc (though I have only ridden the former).

makkag
    Free Member

Cool appreciate the info – As stated this is the family trip so should workout ok with all the activity’s for them and a bit of light biking for me and i didnt think there would be enough (without paying through the nose for it) to keep them busy in PDS. Some of the Freeride Blacks look interesting and i particularly like the look of Mustache enough to keep me interested and them occupied sounds great.

Besides by all accounts im going to be spoiled when i get to verbier this year so cant have it all

garyfisher
    Free Member

Lift passes in summer are much cheaper than in winter, as most resorts only run a couple of the main lifts.

Nonsense
    Free Member

Lift passes are free and some of the trails are really good. Wonderboises is a really nice natural style trail and the blue and red downhill runs have been great. Loads to do for kids as well. Just off to the indoor climbing wall for a bit to dodge the rain shower.

Northwind

The blacks look pretty fierce- I didn’t pay them much attention as I was on a day off but the one under the gondola is steep. I think high challenge + Tignes random trailbuilding quality could become quite exciting 🙂

timidwheeler

http://www.tignes.net/en/summer-sports-7.html

This is the list of stuff to do. If you are staying at the resort then make sure you get your sportignes cards as most of the activities are free.

The lifts are free, just go to the maison de ville which is right by the lifts and register. They will give you free wrist bands to get on the lifts.

timidwheeler
    scottfitz
    Free Member

That’s the new trail map.

RT to SV to FB on the trail map is a epic run down. There is enough to keep you going for a week if you ride Tignes, Val d’isere & les brevieres.

makkag
    Free Member

Will keep that in mind – Scotfizz then a bus takes you back up to Tignes ? How long does that take and how often does it run

scottfitz
    Free Member

bus took about 15mins and we only waited about 15mins, which is a good rest after a 45min run down the mountain.

makkag
    Free Member

Sounds good to me – Hopefully see someone to ride with whilst im out there as well !

scottfitz
    Free Member

first 1:30 is some of the RT to SV to FB to les brevieres rest id Bike park stuff
    http://www.pinkbike.com/video/267506/

makkag
    Free Member

nice one – will have a look when i get home

jambalaya
    Free Member

The blacks look pretty fierce- I didn’t pay them much attention as I was on a day off but the one under the gondola is steep

Looking at the trail map if the black bike trail runs under the Toviere lift back to Tignes that is indeed pretty steep. I watched a good friend of mine fall down it from top to bottom when skiing (it was quite icy) and he was not in good shape, he didn’t ski again for 2 years 🙁

Guys thanks for posting map and advice, very useful.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Tignes’ is closed to new replies.