Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Tights under shorts for MTB this winter?
  • gusman2x
    Free Member

I wear padded baggy Endura shorts, and wondered whether wearing some tights under them would be comfortable enough? Want my legs covered but don’t want trousers.

What do you do?

bellerophon
    Free Member

I’d just wear the tights or the shorts, not both.

Stoner
    Free Member

I wear tights (never bibs) that come to just below my knees under baggy shorts when it’s particuarly cold.

I feel nekkid if I go out in anything without baggies on top. No one wants to see that.

martinhutch

I wear shorts over short liner/leg warmers in winter. Seems comfortable enough. The problem comes when you then start adding waterproof shorts to the mix.

zilog6128

I wear bib tights under non-padded non-waterproof baggies for MTB rides & the commute. Used to wear trousers but got way too hot when climbing. As the tights are right next to the skin I find they regulate temperature really well.

lunge

Padded tights, I prefer bibs, you may not, with unpadded baggy shorts on top work for me. In truth I’ve started to not bother with the baggy shorts now but we’ll ignore that argument for the moment.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Padded tights with shorts over the top

Stoner
    Free Member

speaking of which….

does anyone know where you can still get Endura Coolmax boxers from?

My last two pairs are looking like they’ve been to hell and back. And frankly having been stretched round my butt-ocks for nearly ten years that’s not surprising. But I cant find replacements for them 🙁

gusman2x
    Free Member

Excellent. Think I’ll get some padded bibs then and wear my baggies over the top without the pads. Off to decathlon/ebay it is then.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Unpadded tights under baggies, both for road & MTB.

Keeps you warm, and looking slightly less like a sex pest.

kcal

Stoner, I have a couple of pairs and share your ah experience.
    I’d got mine form Edinburgh Bicycle back in the day – I assume they still stock them but maybe not..

ahsat

Padded bibs, unpadded tights and waterproof shorts. Or if its above ~6 degrees, 3/4 padded tights and waterproof shorts. I had a great pair of thick freeride style shorts which were lovely and warm and didn’t require always wearing tights on 5-10 degree rides, but they died on Saturday 🙁

Stoner
    Free Member

I think Endura no longer make them.

I think we’re supposed to inflcit these on our butterballbums now:
    http://www.endurasport.com/products/?ProductID=118&initcode=E0060

kuman
    Free Member

I wear £8 sondico tights under baggy shorts for road and mtb. Most of the time don’t even bother with padded liner since I got brooks cambium 😉

simondbarnes

I think we’re supposed to inflcit these on our butterballbums now

http://www.endurasport.com/products/?ProductID=118&initcode=E0060

Nope. You want these…

http://endura.co.uk/products/?ProductID=355

brassneck

does anyone know where you can still get Endura Coolmax boxers from?

I moved on to some Lidl undershorts – they are closer ‘proper’ Lycra than underwear, but have a vastly better pad and were about £8. Irregular supply though, so buy them when you see them – they tend to be quite Euro colours (bright blue) but not a problem as undies.

An alternate for the baggy brigade – leg warmers.
    Cheap, you can peel them off with the mud when you take your shoes off. Only downside is less soggy bum protection but I don’t find that a huge issue. You can even peel them off half way through a ride should the sun get confused and come out.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Tights under shorts for MTB this winter?’ is closed to new replies.