• This topic has 17 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by hora.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • tights under baggys uncool??
  • catnap
    Free Member

hi good people, i usually wear 3/4 tights under my baggs but wouldnt mind getting some full length tights to wear on those colder days, will it look totally uncool or ok? what do you think?

Smee
    Free Member

All biking gear is uncool end of story.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Certainly, if looking cool worries you, tights and baggies is a look to avoid. 😕

twohats
    Free Member

Not if its bloody freezing its not!

It always amuses me to see MTBers with exposed legs in freezing conditions!

You wouldn’t go hill walking in shorts in mid winter…

catnap
    Free Member

nice one smee
    you do have a very good point

mboy
    Free Member

Tights under baggies may not look cool, but you’ll be warm and comfortable!

Looks “cooler” than tights on their own anyway… I’d NEVER do lycra without baggies personally, just the same as I wouldn’t swim in Speedo’s!

DezB
    Free Member

Totally agree with mboy. I’m a leg warmers man myself.

Reluctant
    Free Member

I think tights and baggies is a terrible look. What’s wrong with just wearing trousers when it’s cold – or just tights……….either looks better imo.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

whats wrong with speedo’s? Ashamed of something?

Trousers dont work on a bike, they just end up being mashed by the chain, rinhills under bagies is the future.

Jamie
    Free Member

When its reet cold i wear those Endura leg warmer thingies, benefit being once you warm up you can just pull them off and pop them in the Dakine and they are nice and waterproof.

speaker2animals

I have some Altura Altitude Trousers that I wear (as in all the snow) with bib knickers underneath. Combined with Sealskinz mid socks legs are pretty much totally covered. Endura do a Tech Trouser and another, cheaper full riding trouser. As they are designed for riding never had a problem with chain/trouser interface trouble.

Certainly don’t think the tight/baggies is a good look but so what if it does the job?

Function before form IMCO(see comments to Smee’s troll about fat roadies last Sunday).

jonb
    Free Member

If it’s that cold just wear tights, no one else other than bikers will be about (see smee’s post). It also saves on washing!

Otherwise the difference between 3/4 and full length isn’t really that much.

There’s nothing wrong with speedos if you’re swimming properly (training) they are the most practical thing to wear, just like tights in winter on the bike.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Reminds me of the scene from karate kid. Baggies do yes, or baggies do no. Mix baggies with tights, you get squish like grape.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I use padded short under non padded tights. That way, at a push, i can get a couple of days out of the tights.

hora
    Free Member

I have an unfeasibly small cock so can not wear tights on there own plus tights cover my lower legs in summer thus stopping infected insect bites and ticks..

aracer
    Free Member

whats wrong with speedo’s? Ashamed of something?

Much the same reason as people wear baggies on a bike I presume 🙄

duntmatter
    Free Member

I just wear tights and baggies with a t-shirt that says ‘I have a big knob’. That way I’ve got everything covered, so to speak.

hora
    Free Member

This says it all..

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘tights under baggys uncool??’ is closed to new replies.