Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tights or Trews
  • davieg
    Free Member

Finally started night riding this year and loving it. It is getting colder, wetter and chillier and is only going to get worse. Currently riding with Decathlon tights under my shorts and are pretty good, but looking for something warmer and more water repellent for when winter properly arrives.

Any reccomendations on tights or trousers? Endura thermolites and stealth tights are rated here. What about Singletrack trousers or humvee’s?

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/recommend-waterproof-trousers-or-tights-for-mtb

druidh
    Free Member

Stealth tights/bibtights

jambalaya
    Free Member

I have Endura Thermolites – generally needs to be at or below zero for me to wear then as otherwise I get too hot, they are a victim of their own effectiveness.

I think your choice is going to driven by how water proof you want/need the leg wear to be.

How about buying a paid of waterproof trousers and wearing them with the Decathlon’s underneath – best of both worlds.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Conan257
    Free Member

3/4 shorts and some basic tights…

It’s all about core temp, at the end of the day.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Pretty damn important to keep your legs warm, it’s not all core temp! I came in this morning from a 2hr road ride and was in agony with itching all over my thighs from not being warm enough, my own fault. Once the redness and swelling died down it was fine, but the tights I had (Endura Thermolite) were obviously not quite warm enough! It was about 5 degrees, windy and very very rainy. Looking for warmer options now.

njee20
    Free Member

I wear Assos tights or leg warmers. Not cheap, but warmer, more comfy and longer lasting than anything else I’ve tried.

killwillforchips
    Free Member

Tights. No need for over priced stuff (no matter how much people justify the expenditure).

£50-£70 Will get some thermal tights.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tights or Trews’ is closed to new replies.