Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Tiger Sheds. Any good?
  • BillMC

I am thinking of buying a shed and having it erected by them. It is not the cheapest at £520 plus £170, has anyone had any positive or negative experiences with them?

johndoh
    Free Member

I looked at getting one from them earlier this year after seeing lots of very good reviews on their site. However I dug a bit deeper and it seems they bury negative feedback.

This is an example of some discussions that have taken place…

And this…

I ended up going to a local merchant that makes their own sheds onsite and bought an ex-display one for not that much more. It’s very well made and I am pretty sure it will still be standing when I am dust.

sandwicheater

erected

snigger.

crankboy
    Free Member

They are local to me I got a 6×8 pent shed . delivered . it came in 6 parts roof walls and floor . trim and felt a generous bag of nails and bits . The bloke was happy to carry it all up concrete steps and into my back garden alone.

I built it with help from a neighbour in an afternoon . I am impressed with everything about mine.

The online order tracking was not clear it made me think the shed was still awaiting dispatch when in fact it was enroute.

Tiger aka Woodlands are my ” local merchant that makes their own sheds onsite ”

johndoh
    Free Member

Fair enough. They may be your local merchant if you live in Leeds, I don’t. I went to some where local to me, not local to West Yorkshire.

crankboy
    Free Member

I was not having a dig just pointing out they are just a local business . the gyst of the complaints you linked to were people complaining about time to deliver or respond to emails not the quality of the sheds. They ain’t Amazon but their product is good .

johndoh
    Free Member

Fair enough. As I said in my original response, I was just put off by the negative responses from some people and it appears that they delete off negative comments on their own site so I decided they weren’t worth the risk. So I went somewhere local to me and not get let down with a non-delivery which seemed to be the biggest gripe.

nedrapier

Your thread title did this to my head. Now you can have it! 🙂

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2sMuVPMkkk[/video]

Sui
    Free Member

I’ve got one, but it was cheap £200 for a 4×7′. Took 90 mins to put up including the felt. (base was already preped). Tis alright, bit flimsy, but then what do you expect. Also, i might add that buying a pre-built shed is not the STW thing to do, you must lovingly craft it with your bare hands!

fathomer

On the contray to some of the above, i ordered mine with a stated 3 week lead time and it turned up in 8 days. It’s only been up 4 weeks but it seems well made, was £150 cheaper than the local place and me n the wife managed to build it in about 3 hours. So I’m pretty impressed!

jfletch
    Free Member

Had one in the last place. 6×8 pent.

Was bought solely on price. Delivery was fine. Still waterproof and standing when we left after 5 years.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Mines been up 5 years and still looks new if that helps.

andyl
    Free Member
    jeffl

No idea on the quality as they never delivered. Then had a bit of an argument with them about the 50% fee they wanted to charge me for cancelling. I eventually won but it put me off them as a company.

I’ve posted previously about this.

johndoh
    Free Member

Yeah, that’s precisely the kind of reviews I have heard surface occasionally – and why I chose to go to a timber yard and do a (cash in hand) deal 🙂

He even came to my house and erected it for me.

large418
    Free Member

I bought a 12×8 tiger shed at the end of last year. Good price but they marked it as despatched 2 weeks after I ordered it and it turned up after 5 weeks. I wasn’t enamoured with their delivery timing but the shed is ok. Seems solidd enough but I imagine if you went to your local timber yard / shed shop you could get a better shed for not much more.

Lionheart
    Free Member

We have three sheds, bit like bikes n+1, one local cheap shed, one posh shed one tiger shed. It was cheap, it arrived on time with all of the parts and though a touch flimsy it’s ok. I throughly over treated it, built it in and hour or so and two years later it still looks like a month old and works a treat for a cheap shed. So recommended here.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Bought one of their ‘deluxe’ sheds a few years ago through a local garden thingy.

Had never heard of them until it arrived, great quality, proper t&g floor/roof etc, very heavy and all bolts together. Looks as good as the day I built it.

Far better quality than anything else I looked at at the time.

supersaiyan
    Free Member

my 4 year old ship lap pent 5×7 is still solid and watertight. Went for the extra security bar and glass upgrade over perspex, and gave it an extra coat of fence treatment. It withstood a half-arsed break-in attempt a couple of years ago too.

wheelie

Can recommend

http://www.heavyduty-sheds.com/heavy-duty-sheds/

Homepages – ARIES

massively strong sheds and nice people to deal with. Try sheds direct first.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Tiger Sheds. Any good?’ is closed to new replies.