Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Tidworth Bike Park
  • johnj2000
    Free Member

Have searched the forum and found nothing, anyone been? Interested to know if it is all big jumps or whether there is any really tame stuff that a muppet could ride.

johnj2000
    Free Member

I only ask as I stumbled upon a place near moors valley country park the other week and the jumps there would have killed me.

FieldMarshall

Have been about 3 times. Twice in the dry, once in the wet.

It’s lethal in the wet as it’s very chalky. But enjoyed it in the dry.

I can ride most stuff at UK trail centres but found Tidworth quite hard. Mainly due to the steepness.

There’s a couple of easier runs (I think single orange grade so broadly equivalent to blue). But i found them steeper than any other blue I’ve ever ridden

Almost everything on those runs is rollable or avoidable, apart from a couple of smallish drops.

I ended up just sessioning a few little drops or berms rather than pushing back up for the full run. But that was midweek at lunchtime, so really quiet.

If you are looking to practice your skills then it’s worth a visit.

Hope that helps.

FieldMarshall

I assume you found Watchmoor Wood.

Theres more riding and easier options at Tidworth.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Thanks FM. Been out of it for a while and needed somewhere to have a bit of easy fun tomorrow but looking at the weather Tidworth probably isn’t the place. Working in Andover I think maybe next spring/summer will be the time to visit after work.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Beware….you might run in to Scoobs! 🙂

johnj2000
    Free Member

I am guessing that’s a bad thing?

RichPenny
    Free Member

Some friends of mine have spent a long time building up there. I am assured that it is indeed rollable in most parts.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Tidworth is great, got to get back there at point.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I am guessing that’s a bad thing?

Whatever you do, don’t feed him after midnight! 😉

Some great people behind this, and sad to say I haven’t yet been out there to ride it, but have heard very good things so far.

james239
    Free Member

I made it down so it can’t be too hard.

As above, very chalky so definitely avoid in the wet but great fun in the dry. Does seek to dry out very quick though and doesn’t suffer from mud/puddle build up.

All rollable on the blue line other than the big drop at the end known as the ‘coffin drop’. To be honest, the red (hooper Struve?) is all probably rollable too as you can go around the big drop on that run too.

All in all, a good day out and a fiver well spent I’d say. Certainly better than most other options locally.

boxxer7
    Free Member

It’s pretty damn good, it’s only 10 minutes from my house, it’s pretty leathal after heavy rain due to the chalky mix. Definitely worth a ride, it’s not huge but there’s plenty to keep you entertained.

timbo678
    Free Member

Hang a right just before the coffin drop to roll round it – all lovely jubbly stuff

philfive
    Free Member

I wish this was there when I was in the army.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Ok i am convinced to give it a go when things get drier, in about 10 months by the look of things

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

They look like good trails alot of work gone into them is that just outside Tidworth called track and trail the car park on the left heading towards Salisbury?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Tidworth Bike Park’ is closed to new replies.