Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Tide2Tide – anyone done it ?
  • wheely
    Free Member

Has anyone done this 6 hour event ? Is it good – is it much climbing (apart from pushing up a deep sand hill at the end of the beach run). Is it worth a 3 hour drive for some MTB race fun ???

Kamakazie

Did it last year as a team of 2.
    Great race and only had to push 1 bit every time (end of the beach as mentioned). Couple of laps had to push a short bit when getting the line wrong up the hill but otherwise all rideable on my CX.

I’d say it’s worth it.

Hopefully the organisers will sort more of an event village setup in future as this was the only thing I felt lacking. It would have benefited from more of a lively atmosphere at the transition area.

maxray
    Free Member

I’m doing it this year, bit of a last minute addition to a team so unsure what to expect

maxray
    Free Member

Well my croix de fer was a poor choice in the end. Reckon a plus size bike would have been great! Lots of fat bikes there too.

flashes
    Free Member

A lot of mud this year. My well worn in Endomorph/ Maxxis combination on the Pugsley proved to be the wrong choice……

wheely
    Free Member

My Scalpel XC bike performed amazing even with 2.1″ skinny XC tyres fitted. Managed 24mph along the sandy beach which was amazing. Weather pretty dire and was hard staying warm with the 1-lap on 1-lap off riding in my make pairs team (father & son).
    Great course though and really enjoyed.
    Got a podium 3rd as well for our efforts.

maxray
    Free Member

Good work wheely, we got 2nd pace in the men’s trios. Wasn’t expecting that which made all the rain worthwhile!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Tide2Tide – anyone done it ?’ is closed to new replies.