Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Tickets not arrived, what do I do?
  • jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Bought tickets for Arcade Fire tomorrow at Castlefield bowl, through ticket selection. Not massively unusual to be expecting tickets a few days before gig but when they didn’t arrive on Monday we got worried.
    We’ve tried ringing, email, facebook (where there are others) and twitter. But no luck.
    What the hell do I do? We’ve got the ticket confirmation but no tickets?

woody2000

Doesn’t sound unusual unfortunately 🙁

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/ticket-selection.com

DezB
    Free Member

Amazes me with all the tech involved in online ordering that big venues still need you to have a paper ticket. Last gig I went to, woman on the door with an ipad “Name?” “Yup, in you go”.

ThePinkster

Are they definitely coming through the post rather than an attachment on an email?

Asking because I printed a couple out yesterday for a mate going to the same show.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Amazes me with all the tech involved in online ordering that big venues still need you to have a paper ticket. Last gig I went to, woman on the door with an ipad “Name?” “Yup, in you go”.

Must be more to it than that?

Let’s say, after reading this thread, I trapped up to Arcade Fire early doors tommorrow night and the lady with ipad asked me “Name?”

Me: “johnnytheleyther”

Her: “Yup, in you go”

30 mins later…..

“Name?”

johnnytheleyther: “johnnytheleyther”

Her: “Yup, in you …..WAIT A MINUTE!”

yoshimi

ERm – I’m also there tomorrow – I don’t actually remember seeing any tickets arrived – hadn’t thought abut it till now <panic>

yoshimi

Panic over (for me anyway) – Turns out it was Mrs Yoshimi who ordered them and got them in an email a couple of weeks ago

Johnny, check your emails

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

There’s 4 of us going, 2 through ticketmaster which I printed at home and 2 through this shambles. We thought we’d been lucky me and the mrs getting two each for such a big gig at a small venue.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

We’ve got the email receipt with the ticket confirmation and it states we paid for postage.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Last gig I went to, woman on the door with an ipad “Name?” “Yup, in you go”.

That really can’t be right. Yes my name is ‘most common first name, most common surname’, ‘in you go, enjoy the show’ 🙂

Or were you on the guest list? 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Always a good sign when a companies only interaction with it’s TrustPilot page is to take down reviews.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

This doesn’t look good.

CountZero

Dunno about just giving a name, usually there’s some need for ID of some sort, or at least a barcode/QRCode supplied with the email, which I’ve used before.
    Oddly enough, I spotted this on Flipboard earlier…

Ticketmaster will soon admit you to events using audio data transmitted from your phone

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

No news, reckon it’s worth trying talking to the people at the venue? Just roll up and try to explain what’s happened?

ctk
    Free Member

100% yes. Print out receipt or have it ready on phone, I reckon you’ll be ok.

scud
    Free Member

The strange reviews often seem to state that you have to meet their “agent” at the venue with tickets?

https://www.aspokesmansaid.com/shopping/company-11018/ticket-selection

Do seem the dodgiest of companies, a lot of theses ticket companies seem to be the same. I recently went on Ticketmaster for Stone Roses tickets, on sale at 9am, by 9.02 supposedly they had sold out, then you get link saying you can purchase via Get Me In resale sit (owned by Ticketmaster) where tickets were on sale by 9.04 for 3x the face value, bloody con..

Cougar

No news, reckon it’s worth trying talking to the people at the venue? Just roll up and try to explain what’s happened?

I admire your optimism, but do you really think they’ll let you in on the grounds of “I bought a ticket, honest”?

Even if you can prove that you’ve given some money to someone for a ticket, that doesn’t necessarily mean you’ve actually bought anything or that the ticket ever even existed I’m afraid.

From the reviews on Trustpilot on the link at the top here, it sounds like they’re touts. “Oh yeah, Gary will meet you at the gig.”

You paid on credit card, I hope?

Cougar

I recently went on Ticketmaster for Stone Roses tickets, on sale at 9am, by 9.02 supposedly they had sold out, then you get link saying you can purchase via Get Me In resale sit (owned by Ticketmaster) where tickets were on sale by 9.04 for 3x the face value, bloody con..

As much as I’m loathe to defend Ticketbastard, the chances are that these are being bought and sold en masse by scalpers. It’s big business and a big part of the reason why popular gigs sell out in the first two minutes.

DezB
    Free Member

usually there’s some need for ID of some sort
    Or were you on the guest list?
    Must be more to it than that?

calling me a liar, ya bastads?

Nope, never had to give ID. The iPad one was quite a big gig for me too (Concorde2, Brighton) Usually they have a handwritten list 😛

Ticketbastard 😆

scud
    Free Member

As much as I’m loathe to defend Ticketbastard, the chances are that these are being bought and sold en masse by scalpers. It’s big business and a big part of the reason why popular gigs sell out in the first two minutes.

But Ticketmaster facilitate the scalpers and allow them to do it, my issue i don’t know how anyone who bought tickets could physically get them on to Get Me In by 9.04?

Cougar

But Ticketmaster facilitate the scalpers and allow them to do it

Or can’t stop them.

my issue i don’t know how anyone who bought tickets could physically get them on to Get Me In by 9.04?

Bots.

Reckon if I was logged into both sites prior to ticket release, I could click “buy” then “sell” inside of 4 minutes.

scud
    Free Member

Aaarrghh that explains it, i thought all the “click the four squares that have road signs” thing was to stop the bots?

Cougar

It’s an arms race, basically. CAPTCHA et al evolves, they code around it, rinse and repeat.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Hmm, all may not be lost.
    I bought some tickets for Motorhead in Southampton years ago through Get Me Tickets. No tickets received after a couple of weeks, alarm bells ringing, do a search online, not looking good. Contact them to find out WTF are my tickets? You’ll need to meet out rep outside the venue on the eve of the gig. Really not feeling comfortable about this now, but I play along (no choice really). Get a number from them for their rep, call it and he’s “on his way to the venue” and will call me when he gets there.
    So Im wandering around outside early and watching what was going on (I suspected it was gonna be a tout) and sure enough I see this bloke pick up his mobile and make a call then my mobile rings he’s got my tickets and doesn’t realise I’d been watching him. Never again!

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

I’ve never bought through a tout, are they more expensive outside the venue?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Yes usually. Otherwise they’d not make any money. It might be cheaper once the gig has started though.
    I didn’t buy off a tout directly, it was done through get me tickets, who I paid. I think the just act as the touts facilitator.

wwaswas

Mange Tout – dodgy geezer outside the vets selling an interesting skin condition?

bensales
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator
    Bots.

Reckon if I was logged into both sites prior to ticket release, I could click “buy” then “sell” inside of 4 minutes.

Ticketmaster even provide developer APIs for you to search for and buy tickets. Couple of minutes work to write an application that will buy and resell.

http://developer.ticketmaster.com
    http://developer.ticketmaster.com/products-and-docs/apis/commerce/

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Tickets not arrived, what do I do?’ is closed to new replies.