Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ti456 + Fox 36 FLOAT
  • the_lecht_rocks

anyone tried this yet ? too long ?
    can the 2009 36 FLOAT be internally adjusted to ~145mm ?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve not tried with the Float 36 but if you find a spacer of the right size, you can take them to anything you want. The standard spacers are 20mm and 30mm I believe.

the_lecht_rocks

onza – will the spacers work with the 2009 36’s ?

thanks.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve not been inside a 2009 so I can’t promise anything but I’m sure they’ve not changed them that much. maybe a quick question to Mojo would sort that one out. I’ve always found them pretty helpful.

heihei

TLR – just bought a set of 09 Float 36’s, but they’ve gone on the DW Spot rather than the Ti456. I got mine supplied with 10 & 20mm spacers – they don’t do 15mm ones but would be pretty easy to cut one down as they are only bits of plastic. My aim is to reduce to 150mm which I reckon would be perfect on the Spot. I may give em a go on the 456 but to be honest, have just got my Pikes Pushed, and cut the steerer right down, so reckon they’re pretty much perfect for the 456.

The Floats are awesome forks BTW.

the_lecht_rocks

heihei – thanks.
    i’m super impressed with my TALAS 36 on the Helius, and more impressed with my friends FLOAT 36 on his, hence the choice for the 456.
    i want to run the 456 at 140mm travel, so the 20mm spacer will be perfect i suppose.

heihei

Just make sure to ask your LBS to get the spacers – don’t think they come as standard but wasn’t charged for them.

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

Sorry for the hijack – what Pikes and what do you think to them now they’re Pushed? Worth it?

Ta

the_lecht_rocks

heihei – will do, cheers 🙂

heihei

They’re Air U-Turns. TBH not noticed a huge difference – they needed servicing so got it done at the same time. At the margin, better control once the going gets interesting. On smooth trails no difference of note.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Ti456 + Fox 36 FLOAT’ is closed to new replies.