Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Ti Disc Cross Choices?
  • adsh
    Free Member

Started commuting into Reading on my Etape which is my only road bike. Mainly very small single track lanes. Would use the MTB but would end up plastered in muck with no/too small guards

What I want is a Ti Disc frame that can take larger more CX style tyres with good guards and still feel compact and steady like the Etape which probably means a compact/sloping style of frame. Anyone make such a thing and can it be made roady enough in the summer for audax etc

LoCo
    Free Member

Qoroz maybe worth a call, beautiful frames and can be custom too, probably be a few quid though, Hannekkke who rides for the team hasd a few of their frame and I would really like one.

http://www.qoroz.com/

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

**** that, get the stainless steel Genesis Croix De Fer

cr500dom
    Free Member

Tripster ATR is my current “Big want face” bike…… maybe next year

BadlyWiredDog

Lynskey does a couple of them, a Cooper and a Pro with the Marmite twisted tubes.

scotroutes

Van Nicholas Amazon is what you’ve just described.

gee
    Free Member

Salsa Warbird Ti?

Jamie
    Free Member

**** that, get the stainless steel Genesis Croix De Fer

That is nice. Shame they just boshed the regular Croix De Fer fork on it.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I agree.

What bike did you get in the end Jamie?

adsh
    Free Member

Love the Warbird but no guards which kills it for me.

shuhockey
    Free Member

Ive got a ridgeback flight ti, converted to drops, TRP Hy/RD. Takes up to 39mm tyres. Love it. Done Roubaix, Flanders, commute, way of the roses and the saturday club run on it. If I gave it a polish it would look like new.

Daffy

Charge Freezer Ti with the 3D printed dropouts.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

931 croix de fer coming out – an option ?

messiah
    Free Member

Tomac.

Rik
    Free Member

Nice. Do we know when those Tomacs are actually going to be made?

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I run an Airborne Carpe Diem which fits the bill. Not made any more though – became the VN Amazon, although the geo is different – but you might fine a s/hand one about.

charliedontsurf

This is what I went for, salsa ti warbird, we also sell a very reasonably priced alloy version.

Supplied without coffee, ice tea, or sausage rolls.

messiah
    Free Member

cynic-al
    Free Member

Cx tyres are 32mm…will any of these frames take those AND mudguards?

Rik
    Free Member

Tripster ATR will

BadlyWiredDog

Soma Triple Cross in stainless – I run a Double Cross DC which is a disc-compatible steel frame as an all-round, erm, bike and liked the look of the Triple Cross, but then I found out the price, which is around £1700 for the frame I think, and changed my mind. Does look lovely though.

Lynskey Cooper CX quite okay looking also.

Rik
    Free Member

Lynskey Cooper Disc – Salsa Warbird are not that far from being the same bike but the Salsa is painted and more expensive. But you do get Enve forks inc in the £2+k

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Hunt down an old inbred? I love mine.

DSC_0395 by ir_bandito, on Flickr

and in audax mode:

DSC_0134 by ir_bandito, on Flickr

antigee

adsh – Member Love the Warbird but no guards which kills it for me.

hadn’t spotted that and just lusted at CTBM’s pic – had as number 1 on birthday if I’m very lucky list but no mudguards is a no go for me as well

Jake25

ir_bandito
    What is the brand and model of the frame bag you have on your audax setup picture? I have been looking for a while now for something like that.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Its a Jandd frame pack.
    i imported it direct from Jandd in the states and got stung for import duty, but there’s a shop in Sweden selling them for the same price (but no duty to pay)

http://cyclecomponents.com/1/sv/artiklar/jandd-frame-pack-svart.html

Fits the mtb too:

P9280005 by ir_bandito, on Flickr

Jake25

Great. Thanks ir_bandito.

cookeaa

You want to take a Ti Commuter into Reading?

As a resident I would not recommend this idea…

adsh
    Free Member

Secure lock up 2m in full view from my desk. 😀

cookeaa

Its Still Reading…

As much as I love the town people have been mugged for far less blingy items than a Ti Cross bike…

I work on the outskirts of Newbury and ride an utter nag of a fixie from Reading to work, partly because I know I can be observed traveling in either direction by anyone…

zbonty

Nice commute to Newbury along the canal. Most wronguns are in the town centre ime but I’ve never felt threatened at all.

(black stealth 8 year old Inbred here but larger wheel/cx curious as I avoid the roads if at all possible)

John_Key
    Free Member

I have a lynsky cooper CX with some trigon carbon forks. Had this for 18 months and it is nice both on and off road. Fitted with discs front and rear.

benji
    Free Member

Alan Dorrington and another Planet X rider were riding on prototype planet-x titanium disc braked cross bikes in the early part of the yorkshire summer cyclocross series, looked to have amazing mud clearance, and according to them a very nice ride. Not seen any sign of a release date yet, is there one Brant?

charliedontsurf

Salsa can take 40mm tyres, but mudguards will have to be clip ons with 35mm.
    On mine, it’s the clement MSO 40mm

Kitz_Chris
    Free Member

Ever heard of Mosiac? Seen some beautiful bikes of theirs around

brant
    Free Member

Alan Dorrington and another Planet X rider were riding on prototype planet-x titanium disc braked cross bikes in the early part of the yorkshire summer cyclocross series, looked to have amazing mud clearance, and according to them a very nice ride. Not seen any sign of a release date yet, is there one Brant?

On-One Pickenflick, frame (with carbon fork) on sale today I hope.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Do you really need a Ti?

Why not pop to Halfords and pick up a Boardman TeamCX, it’s got all you need right there and only £899 all in.

adsh
    Free Member

Its to replace my ti etape do it all road bike so really needs to be ti for light and comfy plus I want frameset only.

Rik
    Free Member

Do tell us more Brant.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Ti Disc Cross Choices?’ is closed to new replies.