Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Ti CX Bike choices
  • mancalledaaron1
    Free Member

Hi
    Has anyone had any experiences with either an Van Nicholas Amazon Cross Disc or a Lynskey Cooper CX ?

mattsccm
    Free Member

No, but my on one Pickenflick is great. Shame I bought one then it’s replacement a year ago when now I could have hydro discs.

mancalledaaron1
    Free Member

Good point about Hydro brake lugs! The Cooper Cx 2014 model doesn’t have any.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Hasn’t solarider got a Moots CX?

Search on here for some very sexy picks of his build(s)

brianp
    Free Member
    MTB-Rob
    Free Member

Also look at the Kinesis Tripster ATR, disc only and set up for hyd hoses.

scotroutes

I have an older (non-CX) Amazon “tourer” that I use with CX tyres. It’s obviously not as racy as something designed for the job but is comfy, stable and has been just great.

That’s with 35c tyres but it will easily take 1.75″ Marathon Mondials so you’ve lots of options for bigger tyres.

alansd1980

I got a cooper cx at the start of the year to use as a more versatile commuter. It was built up with 105, 5700. Trp spyre and the kinesis wheels. Almost waited for a tripster but it only has a 5 year warranty which isn’t long for such an expensive frame.

First impression was that it was a but sluggish and I was a bit underwhelmed. Then I remembered I was comparing it to an out and out road bike. I pointed it down a bridle way and some singletrack and it came alive. Even with 25mm slicks it handles off road duties really well. I have no idea how but it seems to soak up the off road bumps and humps better than on road. It’s 1-2mph an hour slower than my road bike but the versatility is amazing.

Will post up some pics later
    It takes full guards with rack mounts and I am deciding what to go for.

alansd1980

[/url]

Clearly can’t post a picture off my phone

mancalledaaron1
    Free Member

@ alansd1980, that’s interesting to know. I’ve currently got a Soma Double Cross disc which also feels very sluggish. I kind of epected the Cooper CX and the Tripster ATR to have the same feeling. I expect the Pickenflick is a lot more responsive and basically faster. All credit to the designers as these bikes are designed that way.

alansd1980

It’s really worth a look. Just don’t make the same mistake I did and compare it to a 7 kg carbon race bike.

I started taking more scenic routes into work and have been able to go from road to bw back to road and then cut across cycle paths. Really looking forward to getting some tyres with tread and pushing it to it’s fullest potential.

I was tempted by the pickenflick but a couple if things held me back.
    No guard or rack mounts was a big part of it. I want to be able to stick on guards and not worry about soggy feet. I also have grand ideas of doing some epic journeys which will need racks (probably never going to happen!)

I am sure the on one is nice but if you are forking out that kind if money I wasn’t so sure I wanted “on one” on the frame.
    Pure snobbery but I want to ride it and enjoy that nod of appreciation when someone appreciates what you are riding.

alansd1980

I am in London/surrey if that’s close to you and you want to see one in the flesh.

Also, I wouldn’t say it’s very sluggish just not as lively as previous commute bikes

mancalledaaron1
    Free Member

@Alansd1980 I have to admit, snobbery has stopped me so far from buying the Pickenflick. I’m sure it’s a nice bike but…. Thanks for the offer but London is miles away. I’m doing The Tour of the Black Country sportive if you’re around?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Ti CX Bike choices’ is closed to new replies.