Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • ti crank axle loose in alu crank (ht2 type chainset) re-bonding?
  • tom84
    Free Member

This means that my right crank arm and the chainrings are wobbling on the axled. Bad news. I know I should probably move on and chuck em in the bin but I was curious if in theory and in practice it might easily be re-bonded.

crogthomas
    Free Member

I used Araldite on a set of Aerozine MTB cranks that did this. They lasted about a year before I decided to replace them.
    Get them spotlessly clean with solvent (I used brake cleaner) and warm them up with a blowtorch or hot air gun to make the epoxy flow properly. Make sure you remove the excess before it hardens.

hamishthecat

I have successfully rebonded pedal inserts into Raceface Next carbon cranks. I drilled a hole in the end of the cranks to deliver low viscosity epoxy into the centre of the crank/insert interface and used a syringe to inject under pressure. Have had some big pedal strikes since and they’re still going strong.

This thread

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bigyinn
    Free Member

Brave man!!!

hamishthecat

Brave man!!!

🙂 They weren’t dropping out – just a tiny bit of play – but enough movement to get some hi-flo marine grade epoxy around.

tom84
    Free Member

This is all very interesting, thank guys!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘ti crank axle loose in alu crank (ht2 type chainset) re-bonding?’ is closed to new replies.