Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Ti AM hardtails?
  • IvanDobski
    Free Member

What are my options?

I want something which will run 140mm forks, lots of standover and pref available somewhere for at least a sit on.

I’ve looked at Si’s brodie holeshot ti which was top of the list but it looks like stock in my size has gone.

JonR
    Free Member

Having never even ridden a Ti bike and so my opinion not being worth too much I’ve always liked the look of the Cove Hummer.

Vortexracing

That new Alpine on the fresh goods page looks brill

IvanDobski
    Free Member

What?!

Scurries off…

IvanDobski
    Free Member

That is nice, potentially a bit short for me though. Pity it’s ages off.

Not a fan of the hummer, I seem to remember hearing a lot of bad things over the last few years.

Vortexracing

well, what do you think?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Ti 456, I’ve a steel one and unless the carbon ones go back to £299 I’ll be getting Ti one I reckon at some point.

Or more lustfully, have a look at Kingdom bikes, they’re somethign to do with a member of the Dirt clique, a bit like Brant/O-o/ST, so unlkkley to get much press outside Dirt, but looks super cool.

wors

Slackline Ti? They look lovely.

MountainMutant
    Free Member

Ran my Cove Hummer in Spain this year on a 140 Talas fork. Felt fantastic. Comes alive on the rough stuff.

Cracked my Soda on the same runs last year.

Not sure what bad things you’ve heard. Think early models suffered chain suck or summink.

MM

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Slackline looks good but poss similar to the alpine in that it may be a bit small. The kingdom faja looks good on paper but wtf is going on with that downtube?

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

Sunn did a nice one.. Tzar or something?

wors

There is also the ragley ti, i have the blue pig which is a great bike. Ti is same geometry

rewski
    Free Member

Yep, that new Dialled Alpine would be perfect, maybe if they get enough interest they’ll go into production. Very nice looking bike.

If you have the money maybe enigma would custom build something for you? The ego’s are more of a 100mm XC bike though.

larrystumbles
    Free Member

Recently bought a new On One Ti and i cant recommend it highly enough… climbs really well and flies back down. Front end is really easy to lift and compared to the super stiff Nicolai Argon FR i had before it is extremely compliant. Relatively cheap too..

mrblobby
    Free Member

Brodie holeshot…?

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Not keen on the ragley, too gatelike in the 20in. Never been massively keen on on-one either but I’ll admit that this is for no good reason tbh.

The brodie holeshot is the frame that got me started on this line of thought but there are none available in my size.

I’d be financing this by selling off my 2 current hardtails so I’m not convinced I’d have the funds for a full custom enigma sadly.

packer
    Free Member

Custom job direct from Lynskey?

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Bought Si’s old Holeshot earlier this year. Loving it so far. Selling the Five to replace with an Alpine as there’s too much overlap.

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

Custom job from Russia?

Triton Bikes

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Loving my Lynskey built 456ti here even with its rather ugly but probably useful brake brace..

I have 4 bikes in my “stable” and the 456 is nearly always the one that gets taken out. Why I have the other 3 I’ll never know actually. It nearly came to the Alps this year but the Enduro got to go instead. The 456ti would have handled it, just not sure I could have.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I guess it depends on your definition of “all mountain”, if you just mean xc with long travel forks then a ti frame possible makes sense. But I guess I rode “all mountain” on my old Alpine and it had a fair bit of abuse, glad it was a cheap steel frame rather than an expensive Ti frame.

I think the new on ones look good, pretty cheap too (for a ti frame) and they arent built by lynskey so I guess they wont break.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Ti AM hardtails?’ is closed to new replies.