Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Ti 456 Bottom Bracket Shell
  • purplechair
    Free Member

Just received 20" satin on-one 456 T frame.. the one without the ugky brake brace, cockin' beautiful

Now to build it up – does anyone know if the BB shell is external bearing friendly as supplied? the faces of the shell are not shiny, although it could have been faced before getting the satin finish. No response from on-one on this yet so hoping one you fine chaps may be able to assist from experience.. Thanks

gamo
    Free Member

They are already faced.

br
    Free Member

I also bought one, and emailed On One regarding facing – already done came the reply.

Good job, as speaking with my LBS they don't do titanium as it ruins the toolface…

TBH they do look pretty straight/flat, but when I build it up I measure.

purplechair
    Free Member

br – when you set yours up, what did you do in the way of spacers to ensure correct chain line? I haven't ordered my neww BB yet and have an XTR ch/set taken off my old bike to fit – thanks

br
    Free Member

Not done it yet as the wife bought me the frame for Christmas due to the On One sale… she said I can build it up and use it now, but since I'm using my steel 456 and the ground in the Chilterns has just gone to shite, I just might wait…

But will be putting the stuff from the 456 on, – let me go look at how I've that one set up

Goes to garage…

br
    Free Member

Here you go, 2 spacers DS, 1 spacer non-DS – Hope ceramic and XTR M960 crankset.

I'm just going to transfer straight over and see.

purplechair
    Free Member

cheers br you're a star

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Ti 456 Bottom Bracket Shell’ is closed to new replies.