Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Thursday nights from Extreme Sports – Doncaster
  • poisonspider
    Free Member

Anyone ridden on the Thursday night rides from Extreme Sports shop in Donny?

What's the format? XC whippets at race pace, DH lunacy or a bit of everything for your average trail rider?

I'll be ringing the shop to find out more but any other feedback/info is appreciated.

poisonspider
    Free Member

bump

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Downhill in Donny???? I've just come from there and it's as flat as London beer

midlifecrashes

Interested here too, let me know. My guess is a bit of everything, but a bias to DH and jumpy stuff based on the guys in the shop. Most likely will be heading off out of tow through Hexthorpe, then the river gorge trails up to Sprotborough bridge, then the trails around and into Steetley quarry. That's the sort of thing they used to do 10 years ago anyway. Dad's taxi duties keep me busy Thursday nights so I'll not be joining in.

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

blimey! thats a blast from the past! used ride with them lot in the early 00's. used to be a blast down the Don to steetly quarry and back

poisonspider
    Free Member

midlife' – I think that may be the gist of it, I guess I'll have to tag along to find out.

piston'- It is pretty flat I'll grant you but there are the odd short DH run here and there (the afore mentioned Steetley for one)

poisonspider
    Free Member

midlifecrashes – Member
    Interested here too, let me know.

Went along last night and met with a small group from the shop. Nice steady ride out to Steetley and back, dead chilled pace, nothing too technical. Decent bunch of lads. Thanks to Dean, Marcus and the rest for making me feel welcome.

Stopped at a pub near/in Sprotborough 20mins from town on the way back.

Good to know there's a local ride I can tag on to whenever I want.

Apparantly they ride on a Saturday as well and are planning a trip up to Dalby 6th June.

spacehopper

oo thats my local area.. what time do they meet i might have to tag along..

went with them years ago and remember seeing Matt (who doesnt work there anymore i think) blast down car park hill… then the trees at the bottom wave about mentally… then 5 minutes later he re-appeared at the top with a broken bike and body and a big grin on his face..!

poisonspider
    Free Member

It's 6:30 from the shop.

midlifecrashes

Ta for that, was wondering if they'd come up with some new trails. I was riding up near Brodsworth the other day and the new country park on Brodsworth pit site looks good, but didn't have time for a proper explore, in fact I'm going to sack off the decorating for the afternoon and head up there.

poisonspider
    Free Member

They're all new to me. Despite living in Tickhill for 9 years I haven't done any local riding. 😳

scruzer
    Free Member

Was part of that scene in the 90 and 00's yeah its been going on that long! Probably all moved on and wont be the same without Mat Brown! Used to have good DH from Conisbro road into woods and down via Steetleys to River Don. Try getting the DRI vid and its predecessor great viewing of the old Donny MTB scene. MBUK did a feature too with Matt Carr…. They were the days!! Daz Roberts was a star though I'd be surprised if he was still alive after the stuff he used to do… I do miss those days I suppose…

creaser
    Free Member

the old skooler's still ride on a wednesday night as it used to be, some flat out riding with some downhilling thrown in along the way and a stop at the pub on the way back, anyone wants to ride meet near boat inn at 6.30 pm
    Martin

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Thursday nights from Extreme Sports – Doncaster’ is closed to new replies.