Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 130 total)
  • Thursday 10th May 2012, Police protest march in London,
  • project
    Free Member

Lock up your homes,bikes and cars, because a lot of police are off to london town, PROTESTING.

Wonder who is going to kettle them.

We need more roads police not less.

mrdestructo

Don’t kettle them, just line the streets and clap them on. Although the police generally are full of allsorts, and can therefore contain bad eggs, we cannot allow the all too often appalling behaviour of the Met to affect the way we treat serving officers from elsewhere around the country.

One day strikes/marches/etc aren’t going to work imo. Got to be a fortnights minimum of national strike to bring the government down to its knees and show them that the 1 in 4 workers in the civil service are a power to be reckoned with where misguided policies protecting their rich friends/lobbyists whilst screwing the citizens are concerned.

bwaarp
    Free Member

I hope the met baton rounds on them.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I hope someone uses baton rounds on them.

At a kill rate of zero point bugger all percent, there’s not much point.

donsimon
    Free Member

I think it’s a great opportunity to see how many we actually need. If the country doesn’t fall apart while they’re striking, I say they must be surplus to requirements and should be sacked.
    That’ll learn them.

TuckerUK
    Free Member

…and show them that the 1 in 4 workers in the civil service are a power to be reckoned with…

I think we all know that already, we’re still desperately trying to recover from the previous Government (and I use the term loosely) that they selfishly voted in to get a sweet pension deal. I think everyone who voted them in should have to explain themselves in person to the families of any dead or injured UK military personally and Iraqi or Afghan civilians killed or maimed as a direct result of their greed.

aP
    Free Member

I predict a riot…

…what time are they revolting? only because I’ve got an 8.30 in Whitehall on Thursday which I don’t want to get tear gassed/ kettled/ baton charged/ trampled by a horse/ punched in the stomach for no good reason on the way to.

bwaarp
    Free Member

I wonder how the police would feel if some animal rights protesters should infiltrate their protest and cause trouble so that it turns into a violent riot. You know, like the police do to many protests.

Oh the **** hilarity that would entail.

(for the lawyers I’m not inciting violence)

donsimon
    Free Member

…what time are they revolting? only because I’ve got an 8.30 in Whitehall on Thursday which I don’t want to get tear gassed/ kettled/ baton charged/ trampled by a horse/ punched in the stomach for no good reason on the way to.

Interesting, I know folks who work in Whitehall who’d happily pay for someone to tie them up and do some of the aforementioned acts. 😯

aP
    Free Member

Whiehall

Where’s that then? 😉

willber
    Free Member

More STW drivel – Don, are you able to differentiate between people striking and people protesting on their days off?

donsimon
    Free Member

More STW drivel

LOL.
    If they’re not on the job, they’re not working. If they’re not working, sack the lazy gimps!

mrdestructo

Tucker – I think we all know that already, we’re still desperately trying to recover from the previous Government (and I use the term loosely) that they selfishly voted in to get a sweet pension deal. I think everyone who voted them in should have to explain themselves in person to the families of any dead or injured UK military personally and Iraqi or Afghan civilians killed or maimed as a direct result of their greed.

First time I heard a pension deal was the reason for conflicts abroad. My own private pensions were decimated. I presume that was to avoid war then.

Bregante

If they’re not on the job, they’re not working.

Every single officer attending the march is doing so either on their day off, or they have been allowed to take a days leave (where staffing levels have allowed) but don’t let your ill informed opinions get in the way of your drivel. 😉

tazzymtb

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AapGPcfupU0&feature=related[/video]

bless ’em

donsimon
    Free Member

Every single officer attending the march is doing so either on their day off, or they have been allowed to take a days leave

I suggest that if they’ve been given the day off that this is the green light to getting rid as they’re clearly surplus to requirements. 😯
    As for the rest, if they can afford to go galivanting around the streets on some kind of yobbish demo, they can afford a couple of extra hours in the office, which I will imagine will benefit many as costs come down and efficiency improves. Pretty much a win, win. Except for the lazy gimps who want to maintain the culture of laziness.

grum
    Free Member

I think everyone who voted them in should have to explain themselves in person to the families of any dead or injured UK military personally and Iraqi or Afghan civilians killed or maimed as a direct result of their greed.

Yes because the Tory government have shown in the past how anti-war and not at all keen to toady up to the Americans they are, so they definitely wouldn’t have got us involved in Iraq/Afghanistan. 😕

edit: don simon 🙄

donsimon
    Free Member

edit: don simon 🙄

You appear to have confounded me with you intricate retort grum.
    I guess you’ve never experienced job changes where a job previously done by two, and after an enforced change like short staffing is seen to be done by one, resulting in a single job being lost. Come on Einstein, tell me, if all these officers can be spared , how is their work being done?

KennySenior
    Free Member

Don Simon, are you a fully fledged retard or just having a brain fart today?

donsimon
    Free Member

What’s the problem kenny?
    Sorry, my apologies, crime is going to decrease on said day, is it?

KennySenior
    Free Member

Well, you appear to be suggesting that any police officer who goes is surplus to requirements, despite having been told that those going are on their days off.

So if we follow your position to it’s logical conclusion we can reduce the police force by approximately 75%, extend the 40 hour working week of the 25% that are left to 168 hours, and have them work 24hrs a day every day without ever having any time off.

Which I’m sure will improve things enormously.

🙂

donsimon
    Free Member

Well, you appear to be suggesting that any police officer who goes is surplus to requirements, despite having been told that those going are on their days off.

😯 You did read it, didn’t you? The surplus is those who have been given leave, that is should be working but not needed.
    The suggestion I appeared to make made (I didn’t appear to suggest anything, I suggested it!) was that if you and your colleagues these people can afford to go for a jolly down to London on their days off, that they could also afford to put in a bit of overtime, only a couple of hours, for the good of the team, you know, give a little, take a little.
    As for the rest of your post, that’s built on the first inaccuracy.
    Why do you think it’s acceptable to call someone who has a different view to you a retard?

KennySenior
    Free Member

It’s not because you have a different view, it’s because what you said is stupid.

Do you think police officers shouldn’t have days off or annual leave?

If that’s what you think, you’re daft.

If that’s not what you think, why do you object to them going on a march on their day off or annual leave?

aP
    Free Member

Anyway, to get back to the bit that interests me, rather than ds and everybody else slagging each other off 😉 , when is it going to all kick off as I have a meeting that I need to get to in Whitehall on that morning and I need to know whether to take my gas mask, kevlar helmet and stab vest.

donsimon
    Free Member

Do you think police officers shouldn’t have days off or annual leave?

Have I said that? No I haven’t, so go away and try and work out what I’m saying.

If that’s what you think, you’re daft.

If that’s what you think that I think, then I’ve come to a different conclusion.
    I have no objections to them going on a march, as I said it’ll be a good way to see which positions/people are surplus.
    I really don’t think that you’ve understood anything that I’ve said, and you call me the retard…
    Which force are you on?

ds and everybody else slagging each other off

first you pull me up for spelling (when your own isn’t perfect) then you wrongly accuse me of slagging people off, this place is getting worse… 🙄 😀

Bregante

Why do you think it’s acceptable to call someone who has a different view to you a retard?[/quote

Why do you think it’s acceptable to say the following?

If they’re not on the job, they’re not working. If they’re not working, sack the lazy gimps!

DS. Let me put this Really simply so that you can understand it.

The officers attending the march are doing so in their own time.

I fail to see what is so hard to understand here. Do you never have a day off from you job then?

anagallis_arvensis

i still think hes overtired after a good nap he should improve to merely a bit daft like normal.
    Hes still upset that his pension is rubbish and some people came up with the idea of unionism to try and protect theirs.

donsimon
    Free Member

My sincerest apologies Bregante some retard (for that appears to be word of the day) mentioned earlier that folks were getting time off from duty.

Every single officer attending the march is doing so either on their day off, or they have been allowed to take a days leave (where staffing levels have allowed) but don’t let your ill informed opinions get in the way of your drivel.

Where staffing levels have allowed clearly shows a surplus. How much simpler would you like me to make it for you?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Unionism?

Orange bastards.

donsimon
    Free Member

Orange bastards.

Scouse birds?

Tom-B
    Free Member

Is this a big hitter thread?

deluded
    Free Member

Jesus wept – just come back from a ride, quickly log on and then read the bollox on this thread, mainly from DS.

I’m out.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Is this a big hitter thread?

Not quite…but it’s certainly bitchin’

donsimon
    Free Member

Jesus wept – just come back from a ride, quickly log on and then read the bollox on this thread, mainly from DS.

See ya!
    EDIT: Not stooping.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m out

Being taken out for dinner by an “associate” deluded? 🙂

RustySpanner

Be interesting to see if the number of people marching bears any relation to the officially reported number 🙂

anagallis_arvensis

Ok is unionisation better captain pedantpants?
    🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ok is unionisation better captain pedantpants?

Yep 🙂

(sorry, etc. 😉 )

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Excellent Deluded I love it! but this is what we are fighting against! this isn’t a strike, as we aren’t allowed to strike. This is officers marching in their own time on a rest day! Yes Don Simon I’m sure lots of them would love to work over time .. but there isn’t any….. you really have no clue!

As Deluded said I’m off too.

donsimon
    Free Member

but there isn’t any….. you really have no clue!

There will be when you get rid of the dead weight. You’re forgiven for not reading what I said too.
    I have it on good authority that some staff are being given leave to attend, where staffing levels allow. But don’t let that stop you in you inaccurate response. Far from it being me that doesn’t have a clue.
    As people don’t appear to able to read or provide sensible answers, I’m out.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 130 total)

The topic ‘Thursday 10th May 2012, Police protest march in London,’ is closed to new replies.