Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Thurs evening road ride- Manchester
  • hora
    Free Member

5.20pm across from opposite/over Chester road in the open air carpark. Stretford mall tomorrow (Thurs).
    Back circa 7.20pm.
    Two of us this week. Anyone welcome. It’ll be 27miles taking in Dunham Massey and Lymm (pub stop halfway).
    Im unfit and enjoyed it.

Bregante

What route will you be taking through Urmston? Presume along Stretford Road/Church Road through Flixton village? If so, I’ll meet you at the junction of church road and Harrington road.
    I can’t head out until the wife gets home so if I’m not there head on without me and I’ll try to catch up!

And on another note hora, have you seen this?
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/giant-scr-2-road-bike-lots-of-upgrades-ultegra-mavic-ritchey-380

hora
    Free Member

Is that the new layout/build junction?

Bregante

Well, no. But I could meet you there.

Grimy
    Free Member

Im working nights this week, but if its a regular event, i’d like to join you the week after? 8)

1-shed
    Free Member

The cross road that Hora knows is Flixton Rd, Carrington Lane, Manchester Rd. That’s where we stopped last night. With all new rubbish wiggly bits.

Bregante

Yep I’ll aim to be there just after 5.30

bikemanspen
    Free Member

Gutted I can’t make it that jct is just near me….I’m going to have to knock football on the head soon 😉

hora
    Free Member

Ok see you at the new bit then.

Grimy yes. Its a great excuse to get fitter for summer off road rides. The fitter the longer mileage the rides 😀

Knock football on the head? Like City should?

Grimy
    Free Member

excelent. Ill seya next thursday then

hora
    Free Member

See you next Thursday. Today is abit too ambitious for me seeing as its the long weekend- I’m riding tomorrow am and Sat am. I don’t think I’d be alive if I did three rides in three days. Knock it on the head and keep it Thursdays from next week.

Bregante

wow. That’s a surprise*

Anyone else still up for it?

*not really 🙂

1-shed
    Free Member

I will struggle with Thursdays as my wife does yoga. But keep me posted on Tuesday evenings or Sunday mornings. Thanks 1 shed

xherbivorex
    Free Member

I’ll be up for these in future if (when) i get a geared bike to do longer commutes on once i relocate to the hills…

RustySpanner

Where you moving to Andy?

Hora/Bregante, can’t make tonight, but might be up for future rides..
    How fast are you lot?

hora
    Free Member

Weekly- I’m slow, these guys are faster. The good thing is its a social spin out after work. The idea is I get faster, they stay fast, then the rides get slightly longer as the nights get lighter and even nicer..

RustySpanner

Sounds good Hora.
    We can always cut it short if we’re holding you back.

Mind if the stepdaughter tags along? Now, she is fast…..

hora
    Free Member

No probs. The whole idea is to get out post-work and build on fitness (be beneficial to off road riding at weekends).

I like the fact that its improving me bit by bit.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

pete- looking at buying in horwich/adlington/rivi type area. makes my commute go from an 8 mile round trip up to around 40, which is nice!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Thurs evening road ride- Manchester’ is closed to new replies.