Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Thunder, lightning, torrential rain. Quite an interesting commute!
  • simondbarnes

flashes
    Free Member

Nice pics, I believed the weather forecast and rode back 26 miles in that, wetter than a haddock’s flannel….

simondbarnes

27 miles here 🙂

phiiiiil

For the first time ever I wimped out; I hid under the canopy of the bike shop on Cannock Chase before deciding to call for a lift. I’m glad I did; the roads were utterly waterlogged, quite deep in places, and people were still driving around like morons on the country roads.

I made a friend of a cat who seemed terrified of the thunder and lightning while I waited, poor bugger…

nbt

It got very dark very quickly. I was wishing I had lights on the bike despite it being only 6pm, it was so dark. Quite nerve wracking going over Chunal on the main road and seeing all the cars with lights on, and very much like night riding when on the smaller roads.

Oh, and wet. Very, very wet

njee20
    Free Member

I love rides like that! Not cold, you’re soaked in 30 seconds, after that it’s irrelevant what happens. Great fun. Sooner that than wind!

Clover

Good pics! I didn’t manage to get any. Wasn’t even commuting… just trying to outride it. It didn’t work… But it was a great lightshow.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Thunder, lightning, torrential rain. Quite an interesting commute!’ is closed to new replies.