Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • thule wingbar vs aerobar
  • jam-bo

are they worth the extra?

honourablegeorge

They’re much quieter, worth it for that

jam-bo

I’ll be upgrading from square bars. Is it worth skipping the aerobars? they are cheaper…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    heihei

They’re much quieter, worth it for that

Once you strap bikes / roofbox / kayaks etc onto the roof, I’m not sure you’ll notice the difference the bars make!

Having owned both, the aero bars look a bit funkier, but to me that’s about it.

honourablegeorge

heihei – Member

Once you strap bikes / roofbox / kayaks etc onto the roof, I’m not sure you’ll notice the difference the bars make!

Yeah, but the other 90% of the time when you’re just driving the car, it makes a difference. Myself and a mate had identical Passat estates, one with aero, one with square, the noise difference was huge

jam-bo

Yeah, but the other 90% of the time when you’re just driving the car, it makes a difference.

exactly. taking the bars on/off all the time on a car without rails is a pain.

and my new kayak doesn’t fit in the car…

aracer
    Free Member

Yeah, but the other 90% of the time when you’re just driving the car, it makes a difference

It makes even more difference if you take the roof bars off.

heihei

exactly. taking the bars on/off all the time on a car without rails is a pain.

Question answered then…..if you leave the bars on all the time, spend the extra on wing bars. If you take them off when not in use, save the money and go with the aero bars.

aracer
    Free Member

If you take them off when not in use, save the money and go with the aero square bars.

cb

I have some aero bars for sale if you want to save a few quid…861 @ 120cm

jam-bo

how much? email in profile.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘thule wingbar vs aerobar’ is closed to new replies.