Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Thule Wing Bars with 591 cycle carriers
  • wobbliscott
    Free Member

Just got some wing bars for my car today and was going to borrow a friends Thule 591 cycle carriers for the weekend. looking at them installed on his car fitted with square section bars, i’m not sure the hinged clamp attachment is wide enough for the wing bars. His carriers are a good few years old so not sure if later models have different attachments. Has anyone fitted 591’s to wing bars?

Thanks.

simondbarnes

The attachment for wing bars is different – they bolt into the central track in the bar (well the 561 carriers do anyway)

midlifecrashes

Yep, the 591 comes with C clamp and T track clamps, see if your mate has a bag of spare bits from when he got the 591.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Ah thanks. That means I have to cut up the rubber strip then. Cheers.

mudsoul
    Free Member

midlifecrashes is correct. My 591 came with both types of attachements.

midlifecrashes

Don’t worry about the rubber strips, you still use them in two pieces afterwards, they still stay put.

paulhaycraft

Or just leave the rubberstrips out if it’s a short term thing…might whistle a bit though.

Pook

Whistles a bit without the rubber, and your mate will have the t bar adapters

pdw
    Free Member

I’m pretty sure the hinged clamps will fit the aero bars anyway, if you can’t find the T track adapters.

LoCo
    Free Member

Wingbars are a wider section to the aerobars, as above use T clamps.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

T track adapters also mean you can use the full width of the bar, which is nice.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Thule Wing Bars with 591 cycle carriers’ is closed to new replies.