Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Thule Wing Bar – Different Car Compatibility
  • shotsaway
    Free Member

I’m looking at getting myself some Thule Wing Bars but I’d like to use them on two cars if possible.

One car needs the 962 (135cm) bars and 754 foot pack and the other car has roof rails, so that needs the 961 (118cm) with 757 foot pack. It appears that the foot packs can be fixed at different points on the bar, so would it be possible to fit the 962 bars to both cars and buy the two different foot packs for each car?

midlifecrashes

Just had a measure for you.

Don’t know if this will give you a definitive answer, but we have the 962 bars on ours. They actually come up to 140cm with the end caps. The top channel for attaching bike racks and roof boxes to is obviously full width of the bar, but the bottom channel only extends 250mm from the end of the bar. On the S-Max (fixed boltholes)with 753 feet and 3030 fit kit there is 75-80mm further in the feet could be attached if we put it on a smaller car. That’s 150-160mm accounting for both sides. The difference between the 961 and 962 is about the same so you should be alright.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Thule Wing Bar – Different Car Compatibility’ is closed to new replies.