Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Thule wheel straps?
  • GolfChick
    Free Member

Does anyone know if the newer thule towbar racks have longer plastic straps? I have to fight just to get two clicks on both wheels now and Im sick to the back teeth of it!

Pridds

Could give Thule spare Parts a ring and ask if you could get longer straps for yours?
    Website here and have been very usefull getting bits for mine in the past
    http://www.thulespareparts.co.uk/products/bike-rear-mount-parts

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Alternatively you could lose the Thule plastic straps and get some small webbing wheel straps from Halfords. Probably similar amounts of fiddling but more secure.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    belugabob
    Free Member

If you do go down the webbing strap route, I can recommend these (also available singly)

I use them on my Thule 9503 rack, to replace the ones that I lost by forgetting to do them up after dropping friends off.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Cheers I’ll try spare parts place. Not keen on webbing straps, had them on the previous Thule rack and they came loose on the motorway.

nickewen
    Free Member

The ones on my euroclassic bought last year are a plenty long.

simon_g

Got some Thule 591s last week – 2.3″ tyres have loads of strap left over!

JoeG
    Free Member

I have a Thule fat bike mount on mine; the straps can handle a 5″ fatbike!

The strap can mount in 2 positions, though. So maybe yours can be moved like mine can. Details on bottom of pg 2.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Thanks for the link but UL available ones don’t seem to work like that or mine doesn’t anyway!

If someone with a newer Thule could measure the wheel strap for me it would be much appreciated. My straps fit fine enough on the OHs 2.3 tyres but once you factor in my derby wide rims there’s just not enough length, cheers!!

spudly1979
    Free Member

Which Thule racks have you got? I’ve got a couple of the old 510s which have particularly short straps – basically won’t fit anything above 2.2 tyres.

I contacted various shops and thule themselves and was told there were no longer straps for that rack.

However one of the towbar racks has very long straps which will fit. I think they’re about a fiver each. I’ll dig out the link if you want it?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Thule wheel straps?’ is closed to new replies.