• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Thule towball rack box question.
  • LoCo
    Free Member

Morning! Just picked up one of these:

http://www.thule.com/en/gb/products/carriers-and-racks/bike-carriers/towbar-mounted-bike-carriers/thule-rideon-9503-_-950300

off a mate, would really like to have a largeish box to fit onto it to stow extra kit when camping & not carrying bikes.
    I know Thule do a box & bags that go on one of their other basket type racks just wondering if anyone knew of another manufacturer that produced one to fit with this rack?
    Cheers 😀

hooli

I looked into the Thule towbar box thing but it was obscenely expensive so I got a 2nd hand roof box instead. It gives more space, leaves the towbar free for bikes and far cheaper.

LoCo
    Free Member

Cheers, Yes, you need a different rack, basket & then box, which is stupid, lovely bit of kit though, not going to buy that system though.

Just wondering if anyone had seen anything that another manufacturer does that will work.
    If not may have to build something.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    slowoldman

I think the Thule box only works with “Thule EasyBase 949” not bike racks.

LoCo
    Free Member

Yep that’s right, which is mega expensive, any other manufacturers do something that might fit or could be adapted to fit with a bit of machining/welding? 😉

LoCo
    Free Member

Roof box is out as on a T4 & not fitting roof bars plus lifting the awning up into it would be near impossible 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Thule towball rack box question.’ is closed to new replies.