Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Thule slide bars
  • pedlad

Tempted by these as old aero bars from last car don’t fit the new one. Seems a good idea and whilst not aero neither is the new car and I’ve got used to just chilling out and going a bit slower rather than burning huge amounts of petrol so question is are they good for bikes?

I can see they’d be good if you had just two bikes but if three or four how the heck do you get the middle ones off given that the outer bike rack would be in the way still?

pedlad

Staggered that nobody on stw has these on their Audi or has no opinion despite never using them

T1000
    Free Member

saw some with a kayak on at the Gower last summer, really impressed especially as I was struggling to get a kayak off my roof….I’m buying some

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Do you mean the T-Track fitting system ?

If so, you can lift the bike mounts of the roof bars without sliding them off, but you’d leave the T-Track bolts behind.

I think I’ve misunderstood what you’re referring to though, as once fitted, you never take the bike mounts off do you ?

T1000
    Free Member

[DiscJockey ] yes i Think you’ve missunderstood, slide bars are bars where theres an upper and lower bar and the upper one can be unlocked and slid out over either side of the car by 600mmm

These upper bars take conventional T track fixings, and you can use and suitable accessories

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Thule slide bars’ is closed to new replies.