Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Thule roof bars & VW Golf
  • rascal
    Free Member

Do any Golf owners have Thule roofbars on here?

Wondering if Golfs (next car) have points on the roof where Thule feet fit into or do they use those fugly clamps that go inside the doors. My current car (Ceed) has little covers that slide off to reveal threaded holes so the feet don’t need those clamps – makes a sleeker fitment and less chance of scratching paintwork.

somouk
    Free Member

My MK7 has some weird threaded holes inside the door section if that’s what you mean?

Drac

My MkVI was the same set up as somouk as were the MkVs I had. Dead easy to setup and never scratched the paintwork on any of them. Best all no silly ugly covers spoiling the sleek bodywork.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TheDTs
    Free Member

I have a set of feet for a mk6 in the garage which I keep meaning to pop on ebay if your interested… You will just need the bars.

momo

Hook inside the doors on my mkVI I’m afraid.

Mister-P
    Free Member

My MK5 hooks in the tops of the door section too.

rascal
    Free Member

To all those have them, does it mark the paint at all or totally problem-free?
    Does anyone know if Mk7 Golf’s use this system too? (Very unlikely I’ll get one of those though – prob Mk6)
    Am I right in thinking Mk6 use the 754 footpack?
    So many questions… 😉

Drac

I never had an issue.

rascal
    Free Member

TheDTs – is it just the feet (754) you have or the fitting kit (1323) too?
    I’ll ping you an email so you can talk dosh 😉

globalti
    Free Member

Don’t leave the bike carriers on outside your house – thieves are spotting them and burgling to steal bikes.

rascal
    Free Member

I wouldn’t.
    I’m amazed how many people do too…an advert telling scumbags there are bikes in the house/garage/shed if ever there was one.

footflaps

I wouldn’t.
    I’m amazed how many people do too…an advert telling scumbags there are bikes in the house/garage/shed if ever there was one.

I left mine on the roof for years on end (about 10) and never lost a bike….

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Thule roof bars & VW Golf’ is closed to new replies.