Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Thule roof bars
  • crispo
    Free Member

Got Thule roof bars and bike racks for my BMW 1 series. Had it a few years so think they’re what were called aero bars.

I’m going down to the alps with the bikes on the roof at the end of the month in my company car – a seat Leon.

Looking on the thule website it seems like I just need a different foot pack and the specific fitting kit. It now says they don’t do aero bars, are the wings bars the same or am I going to have issues with the feet working with my bars?

Thanks for any help

scotroutes

I fitted some of the new wing bars for a customer last week. As far as I can tell, the fittings on top and bottom are exactly the same. They’ve not released “wing bar specific” footpacks (in fact the instructions for the foot pack I was using didn’t have wing bars in it).

mattstreet

Yep, swapped the feet on my old bars for a different car – seems to be a universal fitting. Quite a few folks do this, hence 2nd-hand footpacks are usually easy to find on ebay.

crispo
    Free Member

Ok cheers, hopefully old bars and bike racks will fit from the sounds of it. Will get the foot pack and lot ordered.

Just need the snow out in Switzerland to melt now or the biking might be a bit limited!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Thule roof bars’ is closed to new replies.