Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Thule ProRide or FreeRide roof mounts?
  • krixmeister

Looking at a roof rack for the car – will probably be getting Exodus aero bars, and 3x bike carriers. Looking at the Thule ProRide 591and Thule FreeRide 532. The ProRide carriers are more or less 2x the cost of the FreeRides – are they 2x as good?

Bikes being carried, depending on the day, will be a mix of carbon road or mountainbike, and a smaller 26″ or 24″ wheeled mountainbike.

Thoughts?

sssimon
    Free Member

maybe not twice as good but no worries with a 591 holding any bikes we have and feel a lot more secure than a mates 532.

Search for trustford on ebay, Prorides for not far off freeride money (seller 63421)

BoomBip
    Free Member

^^^ what he said, 591 definitely feels more secure.

I haven’t checked that eBay link but 591 are £55 each here Sandicliffe

isitafox
    Free Member

I’ve got 2 freerides currently, they hold the bikes fine but I’m gonna get a proride next as the clamp is so much more convenient. With the 532 you kind of have to have them setup for certain bikes which can be a pain, also I don’t like how they squeeze steel frames and I’ve cracked one of the clips on mine.

Sui
    Free Member

i’ve got some Thule Wing bars i’m trying to shift, 969 model which are 127cm. What car as got a feet pack to for bmw 5 series (fits other models) – open to offers.

but yes 591’s are bloody goood, i had 3 (now sold to folks on here) as i’ve moved to towhitch job.

fionap

Just a post to say massive thanks to BoomBip for that Sandicliffe link above – I got Halfords to price match (needed all the bits on hand) and with their other discounts, it worked out really well.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Thule ProRide or FreeRide roof mounts?’ is closed to new replies.