Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Thule fork mounted carrier / RS Lyrik
  • endurokid
    Free Member

Hi,

I’ve got a Thule 561 fork mounted carrier, went for the first time today to load the bike and it took quite a bit of faffing to get the maxle through the fork and locate properly, it seems the ‘lip’ on the fork where the wheel mounts stops the fork sitting flush with the adaptor on the carrier, I managed to get the maxle in but it was a pain getting it out, anyone else come up against this?

Cheers

canefrog
    Free Member

I have a 561 and I’ve got the same problem with a 20mm RS domain, but more severe. There is no way it will fit.

The problem is the thule 20mm adapter has a larger outer diameter than a 20mm axle (larger than a 20mm shimano anyway)

Is your Lyrik 20mm?

I purchased a hurricane fork-up thinking it would solve it, but it has exactly the same problem: It has a larger outer diameter than a 20mm axle and therefore catches on the lip/flange on the fork.

http://hurricanecomponents.com/

I’ve been trying to get some assistance from hurricane for the last couple of days without much luck, so I’ll probably give up on it and return it.

I’m going to remove some metal from the thule adapter and use that instead. The 561 itself seems great. I’ve used 3 at once (all QR) without any problems. Seems very secure.

endurokid
    Free Member

Yep, 20mm, I’ve figured that I’m going to file down the 20mm adaptor at an angle, I’m hoping this will help the fork sit a little lower on the adaptor, hope it works.

I managed to get in in/out today as I was riding, seems there is a nack to getting it right, solid as a rock when it’s in though.

Might invest in a fork up as my maxle catches the rack when I try to tighten it, can do it but it takes longer than it should!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Thule fork mounted carrier / RS Lyrik’ is closed to new replies.