• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by timc.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Thule Euroclassic G5 908 2 Bike Carrier (Tow bar Carrier) Words of wisdom please
  • STJOHN
    Free Member

Hi

Just about to change the car, this one has a tow bar fitted so I was looking at the Thule Euroclassic G5 908 2 Bike Carrier for the bikes, Has anyone tried these and are they any good. I have always used a roof mount.

Thanks 🙂

gst
    Free Member

Hi

Interested to see if you get any replies as I'm about to buy the same carrier for my car. There are cheaper 2 bike carriers available but the G5 908 has the quick fit lever mechanism and with an adaptor can carry 3 bikes. It's a 13 pin plug connector so you will need the plug adaptor to 7 pin I think.
    Cheapest I've found em is Towequipe £239 unless you know different?

BR
    Gary

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I've got a EuroWay (I think it is anyway) 3 bike rack. It's pretty much the same as the more expensive one just a bit simpler (No locks on the bike clamps and a simpler 'ratchet/screw' towball attachment. I paid £197 off Ebay for it (Although they seem to have gone up to the RRP now 🙁 ) and it's been superb. Fast to fit (1 minute) easy to load and very secure. As a result we use it a LOT MORE than the roof carrier we had before (I used to take the roofrack off to save fuel) simply because it's sooooooo easy to fit and load. Personally, I'd recommend getting the 3 bike rak, even if you think you'll never use it, because you can leave the middle space empty and there's no need to pad your bikes, as they won't be touching. Plus you can give people lifts!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    PeterPoddy
    Free Member

2 bike EuroWay £200
    http://www.skidrive.co.uk/cycle/product_detail.php?partno=944004

But I can't find my 3-biker for anything less than £90 more than we paid for it a year ago! 🙁

Schweiz
    Free Member

I have the G5 909 (3 bikes). It's superb. Convenience is second to none and qulity is top drawer so should last you years.

Rob_S
    Free Member

I've got the G5 908. Excellent carrier, would recommend it.
    Got mine from here, very quick delivery, no problems with them.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CYCLE-CARRIER-THULE-908-G5-/380237823623?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Trailers_Transporters_Parts&hash=item5887f0be87

stumpyjon

I have the 909 3 bike one too. Worth every penny. It's greta at the end of muddy ride while your mates faff around arranging bikes in the boot or struggling to get them on the rack I've done mine and getting changed.

Only issue I've found is it is quite heavy but otherwise great.

jam-bo

Thule Xpress 970

I have one of these, it takes about 15s to put on, folds up small enough to keep in the boot permanently and is really secure and easy to load up.

can't recommend it enough.

bernard
    Free Member

I've a thule euroclassic pro 903 (I think) you can have for around half the rrp if you are around w yorkshire area. (takes 3 bikes also have the bit so you can mount it on a car with a spare wheel on the back)

chakaping
    Free Member

I've got the 904 (previous version of 908?) – and was lucky enough to get it for £110 after a PSA on here a year or two ago.

I'd willingly pay more though, it's very good.

Pros…
    Very solid
    Quick and easy to fit/remove
    Very secure for bikes
    Folds up for storage
    Never found a bike that wouldn't fit

Cons…
    Locks on bike clamps are crap (but I didn't complain given the price)
    Plug for electrics is a bit rubbish
    Heavy (but that makes it solid)
    Sometimes makes annoying beeps while indicating – I think my electrics have gone a bit haywire but then I did damage the flex and get it fixed up gratis by a Thule dealer.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Sometimes makes annoying beeps while indicating

That's not the rack, it's your electrics, and they SHOULD beep with every flash of the indicators! 🙂

OmarLittle
    Free Member

I have the 3 bike one and its good. Expensive but very solid, quick and easy to fit – hardest part of fitting it lifting it out the garage and taking it to the back of the car, the actual fitting is quick – place on towball and pull the lever down then lock. Takes less than a minute

timc
    Free Member

I have one, great bit of kit..

deffo get the 3 bikes though, my only regret!

Factor in some extra locks / security if you want to leave the bikes on while your away from car…

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Thule Euroclassic G5 908 2 Bike Carrier (Tow bar Carrier) Words of wisdom please’ is closed to new replies.