Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Thule Cougar
  • richardkennerley

Has anyone seen a shop which stocks these whilst on their travels? Preferably in the north west somewhere, lancashire/Cumbria. I’d have thought Evans, leisure lakes or wheelbase would do, but I don’t think they do!

Daffy

Have you tried Keswick Mountain Bikes?

As odd as it might sound – Try a car dealership with strong ties to Thule…VW for instance.

MoreCashThanDash

Is it some way of transporting a MILF securely?

sillyoldman

Leisure Lakes do.

hot_fiat

I couldn’t even get Thule to answer that one. In the end a mate in Germany took loads of photos of their cx-2 and sent them to me. Bought ours on eBay from a shop in Belgium – hundreds of pounds cheaper than elsewhere.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

“Thule Cougar, the safest way to transport your moderator”

bigrich

they’re dead good, get one online for as little as possible.they’ve got suspension!

Pridds

Ghyllside cycles in Ambleside do them and have some in stock

thegeneralist
    Free Member

If you want a second hand Chariot Cougar, I’ve got one in Manchester which I ought to shift at some point.

As the man above said, great piece of kit

richardkennerley

Could well be interested. Have been looking on eBay, but decided I need stroller wheels, jogging wheel, bike attachment, possibly the axle conversion and an infant sling. It was all starting to add up so now I’m thinking of investing in a new one with a view to flogging it later.

I’d be interested to know what you’ve got and how much you want for it though!

richardkennerley

Could well be interested. Have been looking on eBay, but decided I need stroller wheels, jogging wheel, bike attachment, possibly the axle conversion and an infant sling. It was all starting to add up so now I’m thinking of investing in a new one with a view to flogging it later.

I’d be interested to know what you’ve got and how much you want for it though!

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Chariot Cougar. Bought new around 8 years ago probably. Been sat in the garage gathering dust for about 4 years.
    2 seater.
    Rain cover, I think.
    pram front wheels
    No jogger front wheels
    red
    quite knackered seat belt frilly bits
    No socket hitch (as it was on the bike when it got stolen)
    Guess somewhere between 3 and 4 hundred quid. Not really sure

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Chariot Cougar. Bought new around 8 years ago probably. Been sat in the garage gathering dust for about 4 years.
    2 seater.
    Rain cover, I think.
    pram front wheels
    No jogger front wheels
    red
    quite knackered seat belt frilly bits
    No socket hitch (as it was on the bike when it got stolen)
    Guess somewhere between 3 and 4 hundred quid. Not really sure

richardkennerley

Cheers fella. Am only after a single seater, we’re pretty certain we won’t need a two seater! 😉 Still think we’ll look at new, the fact you’re after £300-£400 just goes to show they’re a worthwhile investment 8) get it on ebay, you’ll easy get that for it

richardkennerley

I gather Thule recommend not using it as a bike trailer until baby is 12 months and not with the infant sling at all. What’s the consensus on this?

Daffy

I had mine in the infant sling from about 5 months old. Pretty much when he was strong enough to use his arms to lift himself and could hold his head up for a reasonable time.

bigrich

our soph was 8 month old when I got ours. It’s a double, which is handy for loading shopping and luggage.

sweaman2
    Free Member

I think it depends on a) what you’re riding and b) how strong neck etc of baby is. I was pretty conservative and patient but that’s my nature.

i_like_food

They are awesome! Our son was in the infant sling from 8 weeks for walks and jogs on the running track (super smooth surface). We got ours second hand from eBay, bought all the bits (jogger wheel, stroller wheels, sling, extra hitch etc) used it a lot for 3 years (almost everyday, all weathers, off road etc) and sold it for the price we got the main module for.

Having it meant we weren’t beholden to the car for trips to the supermarket, park or tots clubs. When he was older we biked and ran miles and miles together.

Anyway back to the OPs post, I’d just get one. No need to try it out. You won’t regret it.

richardkennerley

One more question! For off road pushing (and I’m only talking gentle bridleways, not technical Lakeland foot paths,) does the jogging wheel give a better ride than the stroller wheels? I’ll never actually jog with it, but it looks like it would iron the bumps a bit better. Little one still gets pretty disturbed on bumpy ground!

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Cheers fella. Am only after a single seater, we’re pretty certain we won’t need a two seater! Still think we’ll look at new, the fact you’re after £300-£400 just goes to show they’re a worthwhile investment get it on ebay, you’ll easy get that for it

Haha that’s what we thought 4 years ago. We’ve now got a singe & a double! I always meant to sell the single but when’s there’s only 1 child it’s much less draggy.

Edit: stroller wheels are fine for off road.

Daffy

Yes the jogger wheel works much better off road and on gravel tracks than the stroller wheels.

Daffy

Also, they don’t hold their value as well as they used to. I sold our immaculate condition 2012 Cougar 1 with towbar, jogger, stroller, infant sling, 4 spare tubes and delivery for £300. Fully boxed with all instructions, spare and accessories.

There’s a Cougar 1 on eBay right now for £320 and it’s on its 3rd listing.

bigrich

they also get you fit.

do some hills with it on the back.

hatter

Got a CX here, awesome bit of kit, one thing we found out when buying it though…

Bought ours on eBay from a shop in Belgium – hundreds of pounds cheaper than elsewhere.

The reason they’re cheaper in Europe is that for the UK. They need a different safety standard, the European ones don’t meet it so shops in Europe arent supposed to send them to the UK and get told off by Thule if they do.

As for dealers, Chariot are now with Madison in the UK. so almost any LBS can get them.

hot_fiat

The UK models are were tested to BS7409:1996, right up until it was withdrawn in 2012 and replaced with the relevant harmonised European Standard BS EN 1888:2012, implying that they are all built to the same standard. Suspect Madison would like to keep that quiet.

burko73

I bought a second hand single on here, it’s been great. We have the jogger wheel and it’s the best off rd pushchair – it’ll go anywhere, you have to be careful that it doesn’t roll off on its own!

luket

Second hand single here too. Now our boy is 2.5 it’s become pretty much the only pushchair we use, albeit we don’t use one very much.

you have to be careful that it doesn’t roll off on its own!

Definitely this! It’s light weight and massive wheels put it in a different league off road. Even on the beach. Ours has the jogging wheel but not the casters. Makes it very long but otherwise fine.

timnoyce
    Free Member

If anyone has twins then I’ve got a lovely Chinook 2 For Sale in the classifieds as well! Open to offers obviously 😉

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Thule Cougar’ is closed to new replies.