Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Thule bike carriers Fodor the roof question
  • M6TTF
    Free Member

My old man has just kindly given me 2 Thule bike carriers for the roof. So I need to buy some bars to fit my Leon as I’m assuming the bars he’s given me won’t fit as they’re off his old RAV4. Do I have to buy Thule bars, or will they fit on any bars?

andyl
    Free Member

Check the Thule fit guide for what the Rav 4 ones are and what ones you need for your leon.

As for fit – are the bars the aluminium T-slot ones or black steel ones? The bike carriers have 2 types of fitting. T bolts for the aluminium and black semi-circle clamps for the steel bars.

The bars split down into the bars themselves (various lengths for different size cars), the foot pack and for cars with no roof rails the fitting kit to adapt the feet to the specific car.

M6TTF
    Free Member

No clue, I’ll see if I can work it out!

warns74
    Free Member

What fittings did the bike racks come with? It will either be 3 long curved pieces of metal designed to go under the roof bars, or 3 long bolts with a flat, square head designed for the T-Track system, or it might have come with both?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Thule bike carriers Fodor the roof question’ is closed to new replies.