Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Thule 921 EuroWay Tow Ball Mounted Bike Carrier
  • davela
    Free Member

I’m looking to get a decent bike carrier and like the look of this. Anyone got one? Does it take large framed MTBs (e.g. large Blur or Zesty) OK as our current Thule rack only just fits them.

Cheers, Dave

pipiom
    Free Member

I’ve got one, awesome piece of kit . Carries my Giant Trance 29er and my mates Anthem 29er, no probs.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’ve got a Thule 953 ( I think that’s the number anyway) 3 bike carrier. I’ve just about given up putting 3 bikes on it, last throw of the dice will be a bit of a modification. Planning on making it ‘wider’ by by re drilling mount points and moving rails further outboard a little. This should solve the big issue with it, that fork lowers sit hard against rear QR/bolt thru of the bike next to it.

davela
    Free Member

Thanks pipiom. Any issue with the QR rubbing on the fork lower of the other bike or is the spacing really wide enough on this model?

Nobeerinthefridge – is that the one that you fit to the tow ball with a spanner and has a folding upright in the middle? We have one of those and I had have the same problem. That’s why we’re looking to change.

Cheers, Dave

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

That’s the one. It’s great apart from that, really quick on and off, and very stable, but not really designed for mtb’s I reckon.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Thule 921 EuroWay Tow Ball Mounted Bike Carrier’ is closed to new replies.