Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Thule 591 – sticking
  • simmy
    Free Member

Put the Bike on last night and the rachet on the downtube clamp didn’t just ” shoot up ” for the want of a better word and I had to push the top half of the clamp up to get the Bike on.

Same again when removing the Bike, had to push the top of the clamp to get the Bike off.

I’ve not tried fixing it, but just wondered if I should lube it with some GT85 or could it be because its so cold at the moment ?

the_lecht_rocks

clean out with hot water, cycle a few times and gt85. sorted. must be thoroughly clean before gt85

righog
    Free Member

Just spent 20 minutes with de icer and hot water freeing mine. I will be able to get the bike on for tonights ride, just hope I can get it back on at the end of the ride at around midnight. ( runs outside and sprays GT 85 all over them :-))

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    iainc

I take mine off the car once a year, wash out/soak in soapy water and gt85 once dry – seems to keep ’em smooth running

barty81
    Free Member

my thule has been on top of the car for two years constant, still works great. should really give it some tlc, but im too bloody lazy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Thule 591 – sticking’ is closed to new replies.