Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Thule 591 roof carrier – only works on Thule roof bars?
  • Marge
    Free Member

As per the title?

Anyone knowledge on this?
    I would like to use these Thule bike carriers as I've heard good things about them but I'm concerned you have to use the Thule roof rack bars. The Thule bars seem to have some kind of slot attachement mechanism and my bars are a 'normal' rectangular box section.
    Not looking to change my roof bars as they are vehicle specific…

geoffj

You can use them with T-attachments (the slot ones you mention) or with the normal box bars. If the U bolts for the box bars are not in the packaging, Thule will send them to you free of charge.

Marge
    Free Member

Thanks Geoff. I hope they come with U bolts….
    (going to buy online as the prices are hugely cheaper so no way to check in advance)

stumpy01

Where are you getting them from? Give roofbox.co.uk a ring before you order, they are very helpful.

In fact, looking on their website it says that the 591 "comes with adaptors for T-section roof bars". So, I assume that the 'standard' attachment method suits normal roof bars without the T-grooves.
    Looking on the instructions pdf on the website does seem to confirm this.

jim
    Free Member

Mine came with both kinds of fittings.

firestarter
    Free Member

mine came with both fittings too

Marge
    Free Member

Thanks for the tip – seems quite clear on the pdf.
    The price is indeed quite good from them too.

Was going to get from Germany (as I don't live in the UK)

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Mine came with both too, yesterday.

When you include the postage, Skidrive were a couple of quid cheaper than roofbox.

mugsys_m8

Marge,

check UK prices first! I live in france and just bought a thule system including 561 carriers. The carriers were about 120 euros in France, 70 odd quid in Uk, postage cost me £15! http://www.roofrackshop.co.uk

trio25
    Free Member

Mine came with both fittings!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Thule 591 roof carrier – only works on Thule roof bars?’ is closed to new replies.