Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Thule 591 bike carriers
  • BullFrog
    Free Member

Hi

I’m looking at buying another one of these cycle carriers. The one i have at the moment is located on the drivers side (right) of my vehicle. I want one to go the opposite side but need to know if i can alter the securing arm so i don’t have to turn the bike backwards. I hope i’ve explained what i need. Is it a matter of unscrewing some bolts underneath and turning it around.

Cheers

BF

fadda

Yep, it takes about 2 mins to swap the arm round.

Have 2 on my car as a type.

mattstreet

Yup, just a few allen bolts and it swaps round easy.

On the one you swap round, you might find that the big ring makes contact with the arm of the carrier. So put your chain onto big ring and it’ll stop it eating it’s way into the arm. 8)

BullFrog
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies. Wiggle has just sent me a £5 voucher so i’ve managed to get one for £77.00.

BF

iainc
    Northwind

Even cheaper if you buy them as an official ford or mazda accessory, £60.75 inc delivery from fordonlineparts. Possibly even cheaper elsewhere.

BullFrog
    Free Member

Cheers iainc.

Wiggle haven’t processed my order yet so i managed to cancel it.

Just bought one from Skidive 😀

DickBarton

Is there anyway to move the actual silver tray of the rack forwards? when I put the rack on so it is pointing backwards and put a bike on it, the front wheel is almost off the front of the tray and the rear wheel has about another 12″ of space at the back of it.

I haven’t work out how to slide the tray forward (if I could it would meant to front of the carrier would be sitting about 6″ behind the curve where the front wheel sits…I think all 591’s I’ve seen the front clamp is located at the very start of the curve for the front wheel (from the middle of the rack).

iainc

bullfrog – nice one !

DB – yes, if you have it upside down you loosen 3 allen bolts and the clamp slides to wherever you want it – same process as if you are reversing one for passenger side of car.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Thule 591 bike carriers’ is closed to new replies.